Lynvia's Graphics Stop - Tall Sprite and Dragon Generator Parts etc

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Resources' started by Lynvia, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Lynvia

Lynvia Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Terms of Use & Credit

Credit: Lynvia and Kadokawa as much of this is edits of RTP, also HiddenOne for the tall sprites
    Non-Commercial: free
    Commercial: free, I'd like a free copy of your game!
    Repost: No, but you can put a link to this topic.
    Edits: allowed, but PM me. I'd like to include other tall sprite content here when possible. Besides, I might like to use your edits in my own game!
    Repost of Edits: On the RMMV Forums, yes. However, if editing the tall sprite generator parts, you need to copy the terms shown here, and give credit to Kadokawa and HiddenOne, and Lynvia.
    Maker Required: You need to have a copy of MV in order to use these.

UPDATE:
    11/24/2017 I've repackaged the RXGE and included new items like Nurse outfit, spacesuits, modern clothes. Updated this initial post with new samples in the Spoilers, sized so you can actually see them! ;-)

I loved the Tall Mack Sprites that were available in VX Ace and while trying to make my game there I created quite a few characters using the Mack Sprite generator. However, these graphics didn't port well to RMMV, as the resolution was less, so they ended up only as tall as the Chibi sprites that the current RMMV Generator creates. Also, I find it a little hard to see the outfits on the characters.

The RMMV Sprites are beautiful, crisp high-resolution characters, but I like the taller sprites and didn't want to lose them. Enter the Extended Character Generator by @Schlangan

Since this allows you to create new Templates of any dimension, I was able to leverage @hiddenone's tall characters and clothe them appropriately with some of the RMMV outfits, modified for the taller sprites.

Also, I've looked around for Dragon faces and battlers, and found a few, but thought, wouldn't it be nice if there was a Character Generator for them, so you could make an infinite number of dragons? My game has about 20 dragon characters in it, as well as enemies, so it was a valid thought. I've spent the last month or so doing just that, and now you can benefit from it.

I have created a plethora of Tall Sprite generator Parts and Dragon generator parts available at the following links:

http://www.lynvia.com/docs/Dragons.rxge and http://www.lynvia.com/docs/LynviaExportTallTV.rxge

Contained in the first one are Dragon Parts - Faces, noses, bodies, ears, horns (beast ears). You will need @Schlangan;s extended character generator to use it. It will crash if you go into any of the areas that don't contain parts yet, like clothing or cloaks. But you can click Continue and try another part. I would love it if other graphic artists would create additional parts for them. I have like 6 horn types, frills, and various expressions for the faces. the mouths and beards may need to be moved to position to the longer nose. There's plenty of room for improvement.

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:
    Follow the following directions and you should have a decent standalone version with the TallTV characters:
    1. Put the Schlangan generator in a folder by itself.
    2. Import the MV base set using the File/Import Wizard.
    3. Navigate into the Manage Resources option in the wizard. Highlight all the resources in the left pane.
    4. Delete ALL the resources by clicking the X button.
    5. Install my RXGE using the Import Wizard.

I've tested these steps just now, and they work with v07a of the Generator. They will probably work with the latest version as well.
    Be sure to download the latest RXGE. This is ONLY for use with registered users of RMMV.

Here are some examples of dragons you can create with it. Tall Sprites, Faces, SV Battlers, Young and Adult dragons.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The TallTV Sprites have a few of the RMMV outfits expanded and redrawn to fit them. I've also created a new layer called Weapons, and created some weapons (Battle Axes, Swords, Bows and Arrows) for the TV, SV, and TVD and Faces.

Here are some examples below.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
  2. Schlangan

Schlangan A madman with a computer Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I will need to check why my generator crashes and fix it accordingly then :D

3. Lynvia

Lynvia Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ah, @Schlangan, it crashes when you select a part (cloak, for instance) when there is not even one cloak part loaded into the generator. It's an index error. You can easily recreate the error by using Manage Resources and deleting all the parts for, say, Wings, and then going back to the main screen, and choosing Wings from the drop-down.

If you click 'Continue', it will bring up the Wings window, with no parts to select. (which it should, since there wouldn't be any).

4. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It has been a long time since I could work on it, but in fact this bug is already fixed, and will come with the next version. Now, I need to find time to finish that version :(  

5. Sowhart

Sowhart Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    The generator is really cool and the Tall Walk Sprites work like a charm. Definitely will be using it a lot more for creating characters.
    Since there is the support for the Tall Walk Sprites already, do you know think it would be possible for the generator to work with these Tall Battler Templates?

Lynvia likes this.
  6. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Sowhart : Of course, the extended generator can work with anything. You just need to set it up for the tall battler sprites.

Lynvia likes this.
  7. rtester

rtester Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks so much for the work you done.

Lynvia likes this.
  8. Warped_Tales

Warped_Tales Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Thank you so much for taking the time to add the clothes to the extended generator. I love Hiddenone's tall sprites and even moreso now taht I can use them with far less effort!

Lynvia likes this.
  9. Lightmaker2016

Lightmaker2016 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I tried using the tall bodies in the extended generator, but the hair is not applying to the tall body. What did I do wrong?

10. Cloned

Cloned Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Generator does'nt work for me when I run it on Windows 10 64 Bit. I hit run and it just crashes my PC. could this be a pc issue or a program issue? I can get a screenshot if you'd like.

11. Maxii03

Maxii03 Normal Guy Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Nothing fits... What am I doing wrong? @Lynvia

upload_2017-7-8_14-4-41.png
    I'm using TV Tall Template & SV Tall Template instead of default ones (I replaced them)

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  12. Tuomo L

Tuomo L Oldbie Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    All the tall bodies have blue eyes.

13. Lynvia

Lynvia Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi @Maxii03
    On the TallTV walking sprites, it looks like you must have somehow removed the body part for the TallTV walking sprite, or the body would appear. It is also probable that since you have 3 bodies in the picker, you may not have them associated. That would have to be done when manually importing parts into @Schlangan 's Generator.

The SV template I used for my Character clothing, hair, accessories, etc, was the standard one that came with MV. The graphics won't be positioned for the TALL SV bodies or dimensions at all, so everything will be out of kilter for you.

You can still use the graphics using some layering graphics package like Paint.NET or GIMP, but using the Character generator parts I've plugged in will require you to use the TallTV and standard SV.

Most of the custom tallTV clothes and such I did, I did NOT add to the short standard walking sprite or the damage characters (there were exceptions).

If you want to use the Tall SV sprites, you will need to separate the character generator parts in the package and spread the graphics out using, as I said, a layer-capable graphics program.

If you reposition and spread the parts a bit it should work. If you go through the effort of doing that, (there are a TON of parts) repackage and set up your own Resource link. When I started this journey, there were no tall SV, and it was enough work for me just retrofitting the clothes and parts to the tall walking characters.

All of the body parts, clothes, accessories etc are in a Generator package, so if you grab @Schlangan 's Extended Generator and download my RXGE packages, you can import them and choose whatever skin, eye, hair, etc colors you want.

The graphics i posted up on this thread are just examples of what you can accomplish with the generator and the parts I've supplied.
    There's a lot more. I need to create a new sample sheet and upload a new RXGE, as I've got a set of modern clothes now for my current project.
    Nurse's uniform, spacesuit, doctor's labcoat and tie, tshirt and jeans, etc.

Hi @Sowhart ,
    Looks like @Maxii03 tried to do just that.
    The kicker is that all of the SV generator parts would have to be carefully repositioned using a layer graphics program like Paint.NET or GIMP to get them positioned just right, then manually imported into the XGenerator. Pretty tall task, pun intended.

@Sharm my apologies. I haven't hit this thread in a while and seem to have had a flurry of posts to reply to. I'll try to do better in future...

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  14. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A

@Lynvia I merged your posts. If you find you have more to say, please edit your previous post instead of double posting.

15. Lynvia

Lynvia Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Generator issues should be tossed over to @Schlangan
    I'm using it on Win 10 64 bit just fine. Based on that, i think it's probably a PC issue. The program isn't completely free of holes, but he's shaken quite a few of the bugs out.

When you set up an unexpected scenario, though, it will crash. For instance if you put parts into the Resource subfolder without using the GUI interface (the program) or if you directly edit his configuration text file. I've managed to do that without it choking, but that's mainly because i have been programming since 1988 and know some back doors.

- @Lightmaker2016 - New Hair parts will not, by default, import into the TallTV template.
    What i had to do for all of them that I applied was to get the TV template of the hair (both layers) and use Paint.Net to paste it as a new layer over the @hiddenone Tall Sprite bodies, and position accordingly. I then had to do the same for the masks, making sure I filled in with White. I'd then save the new layer as a separate file, and then i had to delete the hair part out of the generator, and reimport all templates manually, (icon, TV, Damage, SV, face, and TallTV). Not a trivial process.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  16. Tuomo L

Tuomo L Oldbie Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    No, I mean I tried to change the tall body's eye color but they didn't change colors.

17. Lynvia

Lynvia Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Try changing the eye color on the Body part.

I know that probably sounds like you said, but I'll try to be clearer -
    The Eye part in the Extended generator i think only changes the eye color on the Eyes on the face.
    The Eye color setting on the BODY part actually changes the color of the eyes on all other pieces. At least, that's the way it seems to be working for me.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  18. DragonVine

DragonVine May or May Not be Batman Veteran

First Language:
    English
    So I was having a bit of trouble with this. I imported it into the generator, but the tall characters don't even show up.

[​IMG]

Have I done something wrong? I have the default resources imported as well.

19. Lynvia

Lynvia Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Not sure, @DragonVine . Suggest you try copying @Schlangan 's editor into a clean folder, launch it, and import the RXGE by itself. (without first importing the RMMV base set). The characters should show up. Not all outfits or bodies will, however. I tried to stitch them together with the original RMMV parts, and for the most part they are there. Some of my outfits I did NOT create Small walking sprite overlays for, and I've only created tall walking sprite outfit versions for about 5 of the original outfits, plus about 15 of my own.

Hope this helps.

DragonVine likes this.
  20. DragonVine

DragonVine May or May Not be Batman Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Unfortunately, it still doesn't work for me. I put the generator in a new folder, and then imported the RXGE, as instructed. Everything imported properly, but the body still displayed as small. I'll try a few more things and see if I can fix it.