Lynvia

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I notice you have two Male Body 'parts'. Try double-clicking the 'Missing Icon' one, and deleting the first...

From Ariel

Meep mew mow?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Kitty-cat-glish
Primarily Uses
I notice you have two Male Body 'parts'. Try double-clicking the 'Missing Icon' one, and deleting the first...
FYI I got the exact same issue. The program does not properly import the RXGE file for the tall sprites.
The sprites do not come up.

If you import just the LynviaExportTallTV.rxge without the default MV resource it will say files are missing...
Untitled.jpg

If you import the default resources and then the RXGE file you will get this missing icon thing described previously by the other user.

Double clicking the missing icons just loads normal chibi style characters.

I think it is not creating new templates for the tall sprites when you load the RXGE file. After importing the tall RXGE file but not the default there are no templates under manage templates.

Are you supposed to first create the template manually? If so then that should be in some kind of install instructions for the tall sprites. Or this version of the generator has a bug with that RXGE file.

Lynvia

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ariel, I see that you and others are right.
Follow the following directions and you should have a decent standalone version with the TallTV characters:
1. Put the generator in a folder by itself.
2. Import the MV base set using the File/Import Wizard.
3. Choose the Manage resource option in the wizard, highlight all the resources.
4. Click the X to delete them ALL.
5. Install my RXGE using the Import Wizard.

I've tested these steps just now, and they work with v07a of the Generator. They will probably work with the latest version as well. Download the updated RXGE. it contains the base generator parts as well as my TallTV parts. Again, this is ONLY for registered owners of RPGMV so you should already have all the base generator assets.

This updated RXGE includes modern clothing, nurse outfit, doctor outfit, spacesuit, engineer/mechanic outfit, prisoner outfit. Tears, goblin fangs and ears.

Note that some of the resources generated for MV, I have not created for the Tall Characters:
Clothing 1-18 or so for Male and Female
Tails.
Wings.

Also, most of the clothing parts I made myself, I only created Face, SV, and TallTV overlays for. So examine your characters as you apply each piece, I may have made minor mistakes in Layering priorities, or coloring templates.

Last edited:

JtheDuelist

Your Friendly Nieghborhood Stygian Zinogre
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
I would use this but RXGE links are broken. They just send you to a page with random text written all over the page...

Lynvia

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would use this but RXGE links are broken. They just send you to a page with random text written all over the page...
Sounds like your browser is trying to open and display the RXGE as if it were a web page rather than a downloadable file.
If you have Chrome, you should be able to simply click on the link, and it should download, visible at the bottom of the screen. Any other browser, you should be able to right-click, and choose 'Save Target As...' to save it to your computer.

Tried the links just now, they downloaded fine...

Hope this helps!

JtheDuelist

Your Friendly Nieghborhood Stygian Zinogre
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Sounds like your browser is trying to open and display the RXGE as if it were a web page rather than a downloadable file.
If you have Chrome, you should be able to simply click on the link, and it should download, visible at the bottom of the screen. Any other browser, you should be able to right-click, and choose 'Save Target As...' to save it to your computer.

Tried the links just now, they downloaded fine...

Hope this helps!
Chrome does not work on my computer (can install, but refuses to open), and IE doesn't give that as a right-click option. I'll try my tablet's browser...

Edit: They downloaded immediately on my tablet- I'll have to place them on Google Drive so my PC can use them (will keep the files as 'private' on there, so only I can download them)

Edit 2: I followed your installation steps to the periods, but they still show the original style sprites, and I can't pick a head.

Last edited:

clitvin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
These are amazing. I hope you continue to convert parts.

Theodorus

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi ! Amazing work seriously ! I'm not english so I didn't understand everything perfectly but, this is normal if I only have tall characters but not tall battlers right ? If so, hope you will continue convert part. I repeat, this is amazing and will help me a LOT with my game (for random PNG !)

cedr777

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ariel, I see that you and others are right.
Follow the following directions and you should have a decent standalone version with the TallTV characters:
1. Put the generator in a folder by itself.
2. Import the MV base set using the File/Import Wizard.
3. Choose the Manage resource option in the wizard, highlight all the resources.
4. Click the X to delete them ALL.
5. Install my RXGE using the Import Wizard.

I've tested these steps just now, and they work with v07a of the Generator. They will probably work with the latest version as well. Download the updated RXGE. it contains the base generator parts as well as my TallTV parts. Again, this is ONLY for registered owners of RPGMV so you should already have all the base generator assets.

This updated RXGE includes modern clothing, nurse outfit, doctor outfit, spacesuit, engineer/mechanic outfit, prisoner outfit. Tears, goblin fangs and ears.

Note that some of the resources generated for MV, I have not created for the Tall Characters:
Clothing 1-18 or so for Male and Female
Tails.
Wings.

Also, most of the clothing parts I made myself, I only created Face, SV, and TallTV overlays for. So examine your characters as you apply each piece, I may have made minor mistakes in Layering priorities, or coloring templates.
Nope, still the same. Deleted everything all MV base set then installed RXGE but still, the tall sprites refuses to display. (using ver. 0.09)

Edit: NVMd, I got it to work by tinkering around. First you have to be in Advanced Mode and import the RXGE file from there, (don't import the default MV files)

If any missing file/unhandled exception or index error, just click continue twice and replace the asset with another one that's working.

Basically you'll have a separate generator for tall sprites.

Thank you very much for this wonderful contribution Lynvia, cheers!

Last edited:

Lynvia

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Theodorus Thanks! haven't had much time lately to work on graphics, been busy with mapping and life in general. I wonder if anyone else out there has created any tall character outfits or continued the work of converting the base clothing sets for the tall characters?

I'll gaze around while I have a few minutes free...

cedr777

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Look at my new Avatar guys.
These sprites were made by RudyOmega for our project: <--snip---> :D
Her name is Haruna btw.

Last edited:

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@cedr777 This is someone's resource thread, not a place to show off sprites from your game. I've also removed your link, as this is a pg-13 forum.

cedr777

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Woops, sorry about that, I'll also revert back my Avatar to SFW in just a jiff.
Edit: There, back to the old Yaoming face avatar, I hope it's not offensive though. (been using it since day 1)

Last edited:

Daisetsu

Shinobi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German,English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I had try every solution here... could not get it to work.
Either if give me a error or it dont show the tall sprites :(
maybe someone can help me.

edit: got it to work after the 10 time... great work thank u! this is real a help!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I just realised that the reason behind me not being able to make a game may be the lack of my original resources. I just dont like the look of MV faces and sprites, lol. Guess I will have make my own art.
I'm posting a commission art soon! :kaoswt2:
So here's a fun/tragic fact about me: I have an awful memory. But to be correct, I have memory "leaks". My memory is actually amazing, my issue is I can't keep memories for long, in fact, I once forgot my name. :kaoswt2:
The neighbourhood cats brought me a kitten today. They sat him on the step and semi-circled him. He's adorable, but now I gotta find somewhere for him.
So basically, I added strings to my musics and BAM, it doesn't sound empty anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevhd