M-Drive 16 Bit Music Pack is a go! + Time Fantasy Weekly Deal!

Discussion in 'Product Announcements and Sales' started by RPGMakerWeb, May 17, 2018.

1. RPGMakerWeb

RPGMakerWeb Admin Staff Member Veteran

First Language:
    RPG Maker
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    M-DRIVE_StoreBanner_940x175.png

It's Thursday, and that means it's time to drop some new resources, and this time, we've got the retro-glory of the M-Drive 16 Bit Music Pack!

This pack, from first time RPG Maker pack creator Snowy Fox, features background music, music effects, and sound effects all created to pull you back into the era when games about spiky blue hedgehogs were good!

If you are making a retro style game, retro style music is a must, and for that, you really can't go wrong with this pack!

Purchase this pack on the RPGMakerWeb store, or on Steam from the links below!

Need some retro tiles to go with your retro music?

There's nothing more perfect than the Time Fantasy series! Lucky for you, the Base Pack is our deal of the week! Pick up Time Fantasy for 50% off for the next week!

time-fantasy-right.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2018
  2. Touchfuzzy

Touchfuzzy Rantagonist Staff Member Lead Eagle

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Also, from now on, we are moving deals of the week to Thursdays along with the releases :).

Sauteed_Onion likes this.
  3. Zabu

Zabu Prince of light Veteran

First Language:
    Fran├žais
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    It's nice to see that dlcs are on Steam and RPG MAKER WEB instantly :)
    I will maybe begin to buy in RPG MAKER WEB STORE, i finally can :awink:

Touchfuzzy and Sauteed_Onion like this.
  4. Sauteed_Onion

Sauteed_Onion Mmm Tasty Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    WOO @Snowy Fox so glad you got your stuff going! And yay! Tasty deals. <3 <3 <3

Snowy Fox likes this.
  5. Snowy Fox

Snowy Fox World's Floofiest Composer Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Me too! I personally am super excited, and while I should probably be going to bed (it's 02:30 here) I'm too frikkin' buzzed by this whole thing. >w<;

To anyone who'd like to give feedback, ask for support with or just ask questions about the music pack, I've started a thread for all that over here.

Also, I approve of this pairing of M-DRIVE with those graphics!

6. Touchfuzzy

Touchfuzzy Rantagonist Staff Member Lead Eagle

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    We feel its definitely better for everyone that way.

7. Helen-Snow

Helen-Snow Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Hello everybody! Thanks for the greeting and thanks for the links! they make it very easy for newcomers like me :)

Snowy Fox likes this.
  8. MikePjr

MikePjr Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    See, now THIS reminds me of JRPG music from the 16 bit era.
    Love it.

Snowy Fox likes this.
  9. Snowy Fox

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I'm so glad the pack has induced nostalgia in so many people. I'm guessing you're a Phantasy Star veteran - you might notice some influences from the series hiding in there, too. (*Cough*villagemusic*cough*)

10. MikePjr

MikePjr Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Actually not really.. i've not bought the pack.. i just listened to the samples for a moment.
    But it's still a really awesome job.
    I'd use these.. but i don't like using music that's easily available to just anyone with the money, i'm afraid.
    Any project i work on, i tend to prefer 100% original resources in my projects.
    Even when i buy graphics packs, i end up using them to edit and make something new that does not look like anyone else.
    But i just had listened to 2 different retro packs.. one that's SUPPOSED to be based on SNES music but sounds more like MS DOS music, and then your music which actually sounds like it's supposed to sound.. like music from the SEGA Genesis... and i just had to compliment the work.
    So, good job man.. you really captured it.
    By the way.. A Greater Challenge sounds like music from a SEGA Shoot em up stage.
    It just sorta has that flow, so when i close my eyes.. i see a ship flying through space shooting at enemies when i listen to it.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
    Snowy Fox likes this.
  11. Snowy Fox

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    It actually means a lot to me to hear that, sale or no. I went to a lot of effort trying to strike that balance of sounding "authentic" without limiting it too much, so getting feedback like that really makes me happy.

And hey, if you'd ever like something original, I'm always open for commissions. I don't just do Mega Drive style stuff. :B

GolfHacker likes this.
  12. MikePjr

MikePjr Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    For the moment, i'm more interested in figuring out how to make music myself honestly.
    But it's something i'm having a hard time grasping how to do.
    I can hear a tune .. hum a tune.. come up with a theme in my head.. but for the life of me, making that tune come to life is just beyond me.
    I've got Anvil Studio and Synthfont... and i just have no idea what i'm doing.
    I've been like that since i was a kid.
    I could hum music and such.. just made up off the top of my head... but i can't understand writing music.
    If i ever stumble into money to commission someone, i'll keep that in mind.

Snowy Fox likes this.
  13. Snowy Fox

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Don't be discouraged. It takes a lot of time and practice to get music to sound like it does in your head. I've been composing and recording music since my arms were long enough to reach a keyboard, and I still sometimes have to settle for results that don't quite match what I had in mind.

I kind of say this to everyone, but I honestly believe it: whether it's playing an instrument, composing, mixing, mastering, or whatever else, the only way to get better is to keep at it, even if it takes years to get to a level you feel satisfied with (heck, I know I'm not satisfied yet). The more you do, and the more you experiment, the more little tricks and secrets you'll figure out to make it better.

Something I'd recommend, if you haven't tried it already, is grab some of your favourite vidjugame music, and try to recreate it, as accurately as you can. Doing this back in my MIDI file days really helped me to get a better grasp of what made all the elements work together, and I still do it occasionally nowadays, just for practice and fun.

When you feel like your compositions are solid but they lack the polish you'd like them to have, try getting into production magazines like MusicTech and Sound On Sound - they mostly tend to review gear that's coming out (and oh goodness is it fun to drool over), but they also do a lot of tutorial articles that are packed with good tips and advice - a lot of what I learned about mixing and mastering in college, I came to realise, could also be found in these magazines that I was collecting at the time, to a degree. If you don't want to wind up with stacks of magazines, you can buy PDF versions online. YouTube is also a great source of such tutorials, and also has the benefit of providing audio examples on-the-fly.

Good luck, and don't get lost down that rabbit hole. ;P

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2018
    MikePjr likes this.