M4a problem with XDK (still not solved)

tikatakatuka

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi

Recently I completed my RPGmaker MV game and decided to port it to android via Intel XDK. However after putting the 

www folder into the xdk project and simulating the game I got a error that said unable to load heartofcorage.m4a. This is strange because the file specified in the error message is in the www folder. Also what I find strange is that before I finished my game I made a test project and exported it to android, put the www folder into xdk and bam it worked. I think this error message only appears when you use a custom audio file that doesn't come with RPGmaker MV. I have tried everything from changing the title of the track, to exporting it to m4a with various programs but nothing has worked. I know that someone has already talked about this issue on the forums but it seems the forum got shut down. Please help. :(

Tikatakatuka

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
no, that hasn't anything to do with custom files directly - but if you make a custom file, you have to make sure that it conforms to the specifications of MV.

That means you have to use the regular standards for codecs and frequencies, you can't use settings that might be advertised as creating smaller files (which they are) but uses formats that are unknown to MV.

Additionally, please make sure that your filenames conform to networking specifications - that is the most common cause for such errors on deployment.

Windows overrides some of the networking rules, redirecting files where the name is slightly wrong - on another device, that correction override does not exist.

For example, Windows will load a file Heartofcourage.m4a even if the program requests the different filename heartofcourage.m4a.

For android, it will report heartofcourage.m4a as missing in the same case, because capitalisation creates different filenames on non-Wndows systems.

I've moved this thread to MV Deployment. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

tikatakatuka

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
no, that hasn't anything to do with custom files directly - but if you make a custom file, you have to make sure that it conforms to the specifications of MV.

That means you have to use the regular standards for codecs and frequencies, you can't use settings that might be advertised as creating smaller files (which they are) but uses formats that are unknown to MV.

Additionally, please make sure that your filenames conform to networking specifications - that is the most common cause for such errors on deployment.

Windows overrides some of the networking rules, redirecting files where the name is slightly wrong - on another device, that correction override does not exist.

For example, Windows will load a file Heartofcourage.m4a even if the program requests the different filename heartofcourage.m4a.

For android, it will report heartofcourage.m4a as missing in the same case, because capitalisation creates different filenames on non-Wndows systems.

I've moved this thread to MV Deployment. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.
Hey,

Thanks for helping me but how do I get the audio file to have a specific codec and frequency as you said? Does RPGmaker MV have a specific codec? If so do you happen to know what it is?

Tikatakatuka

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
not from memory - the asset specifications are in the help file of MV.

If that audio is from an unknown source and unknown codec, you need to recode it - one program often used for this is audacity (free and available for both Win and Mac)

tikatakatuka

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
not from memory - the asset specifications are in the help file of MV.

If that audio is from an unknown source and unknown codec, you need to recode it - one program often used for this is audacity (free and available for both Win and Mac)
Thanks , I used audacity to export it to m4a. However I don't know if I have to mess around with settings in audacity. I just put the file in and exported it to an m4a. I didn't change anything...

Also. Do you happen to know where the help file for MV is? 

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
fre:ac is a good converter, too. I've used it for converting MV sounds, but I can't say for certain if it worked. I never tested on Android. It'll also convert a batch of files, which is helpful.

As for the help file, press F1 in MV or go to the menu, click Help and then click Contents.

tikatakatuka

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
fre:ac is a good converter, too. I've used it for converting MV sounds, but I can't say for certain if it worked. I never tested on Android. It'll also convert a batch of files, which is helpful.

As for the help file, press F1 in MV or go to the menu, click Help and then click Contents.
Hey

Thanks for the help, I have been exporting the files to M4a(AAC) Files (FFmpeg). I have also tried varios other programs that also batch convert but I still had the problem... 

Leon Kennedy

Restaff Novice
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey

Thanks for the help, I have been exporting the files to M4a(AAC) Files (FFmpeg). I have also tried varios other programs that also batch convert but I still had the problem... 
From past problems I've seen all I can do is echo what is said above, some programs will tell you the exact bitrate of your converted file which you need your file to be 291kbps to work. There are plenty of converters online that will show you bitrate and convert so good luck. 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Latest member to OcRam -plugin suite: OcRam_Layers! Optimized parallax layers (for parallax mapping?) + dynamic layers which can be used in title-, battle and map scenes!
People convinced me to use my old graphics for this new project, i guess i can't run away from blender just yet. https://gyazo.com/2a105847c042bb78c6d4919ec1308660
10/24 done :3 Maybe I can finish 11 and 12 this weekend^^

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ninnaeis