Adventurer_inc.

Technically a Programmer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

After six months of swing a wrench at Lecode's TBS, I had finally decided to reveal some sort of progress by creating a game in a month. This game is closer to a boss rush than anything else.

MaB: Shadow World is a short Tactical 2D RPG inspired by classic JRPG and TBS games such as Final Fantasy Tactics, Fire Emblem, and the Tales Series for the IGMC 2018.

Estimated Gameplay Time
  • 1 Hour (Varies depending on skill level)

Summary
  • Join Aloia and Mai, an unlikely duo, as they work together to battle heroes from other worlds to save their own world.
  • This game has two endings split by a simple question.

Features
  • 2D Turn-Based Tactical Battle System (LeCode's TBS)
  • Action Point System (Multiple actions per turn)
  • No level system or grinding (Progression is horizontal)
  • Easy to learn but difficult to master battle system.
  • A Compelling Short Story by Adventurer_inc.
  • Original Art Work by Gameisfun
  • Fantastic Battle Music by Wingless-Seraph

The first three tutorial battles by the artist, @Gameisfun

Team
@Adventurer_inc.
@Gameisfun

Feel free to report any bugs, leave a comment, or come up with any features you'll like to see in future games.
(My main project uses a similar battle system)

Last edited:

Adventurer_inc.

Technically a Programmer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Update:
To allow more accessibility, I added an Assist Mode add-on which has to be downloaded separately (only 2kb) and added to the game folder. The add-on is savefile safe. (Instructions on the game page)

The Assist Mode will lower the physical damage of all enemies by 50%, excluding the final battle.

Testers reported that even with Assist Mode, battles are still not simple button smashing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

HexMozart88 wrote on Citali's profile.
Kikuo!
The lack of bike trails and bungee jump areas in this city should be criminalized.
SF_Actor3_8 added!

A recent screenshot that I also shared on Reddit and the likes, links in my signature if you want to follow :)

I am starting to get a hang of this parallaxing mapping business. Still inexperienced, but at least I can be a lot more creative now :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fish_Fish