Grahamguitarman

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
I just paid full price for a copy, and all I have been sent is a PC exe!

I don't own a damn PC and would not have wasted my money if they hadn't said it was available on MAC!

So where is my mac version as advertised on the site, or have I just been ripped off?

lot of money for software I cannot even use!

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi there, we have a Mac version but it's on steam right now. You can activate it temporarily over there and use. The Standalone version had an issue during the last minute launch so were unable to deploy it. Couple it with some other unexpected bugs, we were forced to delay the standalone version until we smooth it over and build it for your optimal use. I apologize for this frustration.

Grahamguitarman

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
I'll try to install Steam and see how that works out (though to be honest I don't really want steam on my computer).

As it happens I'm already coding an RPG on the MAC using swift and SpriteKit, which will be much higher quality graphics wise. I bought RPG Maker for a quick way to make additional Games in parallel to my main project without the coding headaches.

It's just frustrating when you buy something and it doesn't seem to be available when you have paid for it.

Thanks for your reply though :)

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I very much understand your frustration and I feel really terrible we weren't able to deploy it immediately. We're trying our best to sort it out. Thank you very much for understanding. 

kennysaurs

Amazing Person
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I'll try to install Steam and see how that works out (though to be honest I don't really want steam on my computer).

As it happens I'm already coding an RPG on the MAC using swift and SpriteKit, which will be much higher quality graphics wise. I bought RPG Maker for a quick way to make additional Games in parallel to my main project without the coding headaches.

It's just frustrating when you buy something and it doesn't seem to be available when you have paid for it.

Thanks for your reply though :)
Though I don't like Steam that much either, the steam version works very well on mac! Once the standalone comes out, I'm switching to that.

Borden

Warper
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hi there, we have a Mac version but it's on steam right now. You can activate it temporarily over there and use. The Standalone version had an issue during the last minute launch so were unable to deploy it. Couple it with some other unexpected bugs, we were forced to delay the standalone version until we smooth it over and build it for your optimal use. I apologize for this frustration.
So, how do I get this then? Do I have to pay for it again?

Why is this not told to customers?

Grahamguitarman

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
I've got it working on steam now (still bloody annoyed at having to install that crap on my Mac).

The way this has been handled is very poor customer service indeed, you really should have made the situation a lot clearer for those purchasing from your site.  

There should have been information before people click on buy, so they know what they are actually buying, and that it will require an installation of a completely separate software service on their computers.

Also for those of us who directly bought from this site, there should have been a clear message about this in the confirmation email, along with usable instructions on how to actually activate your product in Steam.

@ touchfuzzy, that link you provided ( https://support.stea...=5414-TFBN-1352 ) is so vague as to be nearly useless. 

If you are going to tell people to use their serial number on Steam, then at least give CLEAR and usable instructions on how to do so, not just a lazy link to a very vague general purpose steam page.   

I am not a regular Steam user, so it took me ages to work out from that link how to actually enable my purchase on steam.  

I do understand that last minute problems can occur, but the mark of a really good company is how they handle those last minute problems.  Leaving your customers floundering in the dark, clueless as to how to solve it, rather than be honest and upfront from the beginning, is not the way to do business!

You certainly should not be waiting till people complain on the forum before giving out information we should have had from the very beginning!

Edited to add that I'm not blaming any individual for this, it's a systemic problem in that as an organisation it should have been handled better!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mitchell

Adventurer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hi Graham,
Thanks for the feedback.

We've updated the product page and FAQ with some information on the Mac version.

We'll also be adding this to confirmation emails shortly as well as putting together a more detailed

activation guide.

Thanks for bearing with us and apologies for the poor experience getting set up with MV.

Grahamguitarman

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Thanks for your reply Mitchell.

Its a great program, and I will be using it a lot I think.  

Hopefully, not so many Mac users will be left floundering now!

Ultima2876

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
You can always uninstall Steam once they release the standalone version :)

Grahamguitarman

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Lol I fully intend to remove steam as soon as possible.

It's a bit worrying when you install a program (steam), and it says it needs permission to take control of your computer! (I actually got that message on my Mac while installing it all)

The security risks worry me somewhat.

Ultima2876

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Eeeeh, Steam is a hugely popular program. While that in itself doesn't mean much (Flash is also hugely popular and is probably the biggest security risk to any computer today), I think Valve have a pretty solid handle on security with Steam - I don't think having that particular app installed just for using RPG Maker MV will be much of a problem. I'm a professional software engineer and every member of my team have Steam installed on their computers - and we're all super security-conscious!

Baka-chan

☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Also for those of us who directly bought from this site, there should have been a clear message about this in the confirmation email, along with usable instructions on how to actually activate your product in Steam.

@ touchfuzzy, that link you provided ( https://support.stea...=5414-TFBN-1352 ) is so vague as to be nearly useless. 

If you are going to tell people to use their serial number on Steam, then at least give CLEAR and usable instructions on how to do so, not just a lazy link to a very vague general purpose steam page.   

I am not a regular Steam user, so it took me ages to work out from that link how to actually enable my purchase on steam.
Just a side note: You can't explain more on how to do it since the explanation of the link is everything there is to it. It could only be made easier if steam hadn't removed the "Activate key via api" feature.

Woratana

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
Can't wait for non-steam version for Mac OS :)

Thank you for your explanation, Archeia :D

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Interesting week. Lots of stress and anxiety especially on Tuesday but still got thru it. How is everyone doing?
I was pleased with how the little ... whatever those square bits like upside-down turrets on the skirt are? I like how they turned out. Here's a little ranger/bandit/archery enthusiast to model it:

TestChara-08.gif

I'm calling her Robin because obviously.
Just downloaded the demo and boy howdy are my arms tired (???) :kaohi:
I just watched a trailer for the upcoming 2021 JRPG Fantasian. They demonstrated an interesting mechanic where random encounters can be sent to a stockpile instead of fighting them right away, which can be emptied in a single battle string at the player's choice of timing.
"The pleasure from the senses seems like nectar at first, but it is sour as the toxin in the end." -Kirshna

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drackdragon113