wilsonthegreen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
People that've been trying the mac version of my game are getting this gray screen error where the game doesn't load and instead shows the window as "NW.JS" I've attached a screenshot of it. The windows and web versions work fine, it's only the mac version that has this issue.

Does anyone know how I'd correct this?

Attachments

geovanie

Freelance Dev
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Node-WebKit.js is likely having permissions issues. They’ll need to resolve that. Catalina made the OS even more strict.

Not a you issue. But if you have a Mac I’d replicate the issue, figure out how to solve it, then post a guide with your game.

wilsonthegreen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
Well it says they're on Mojave not Catalina. And I do have access to a mac and have replicated the issue but how would I go about solving it? I started using this engine b/c I'm not very good at programming.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
windows -> deployed to mac = can get issues with NWJS, but is doable,
if the exe dont work, the index SHOULD work.

Mac version of MV -> works good on mac's, but might have issues to windows
deployment.

if the mac users have a problem, they need to run it as admin or whitelist
your game in the firewall/virusscanner software they use.

if both dont work, than I got no clue.

wilsonthegreen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
This is for VNM not MV but I did try to whitelist it and even disabled firewall to see if it'd work on mac but got the same error. I also had admin permissions but again, same error.

Kentou

Admin
Admin
Reaction score
Hi, can you show a screenshot from the file structure of the exported game?

Kentou

Admin
Admin
Reaction score
Hmm it looks fine to me. We had some issues with Mac in the past but that one is new, I see it the first time. Usually NW.js is popping up this way if there is no package.json file inside the .app bundle or if there is no permission. Did you try to make a right click on the Game.app folder and select "Show Contents" to see what is inside. I think in the Game.app/Resources folder there should be a package.json file.

wilsonthegreen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
I checked now and I don't see the package file here. How do I get one? I've tried re-exporting new versions but it never appears.

Attachments

Kentou

Admin
Admin
Reaction score
Ok, there is also no app.nw folder with a package.json inside? I have Mojave too, I will make a test soon to see if it works fine for me.

wilsonthegreen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
That's right, I don't see any package.json file. And thanks for checking for me Kentou. If it helps Im running High Sierra.

Kentou

Admin
Admin
Reaction score
Hi again, I am running Mojave and I was able to export my game without any issue. Inside the Game.app/Resources/app.nw folder is a package.json file for me. If that doesn't exist for you, something went wrong during package creation. How did you create the package? Did you use Game > Create Game Package from menu bar?

wilsonthegreen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
Yes that is how I made the package. I used the top menu and create game package. I've repeatedly made packages to check if it was a fluke but every time I make a new one it has the same issue.

Attachments

Kentou

Admin
Admin
Reaction score
Hmm that is weird then, can you upload the exported version which doesn't work for you somewhere and send me a link to it so I can check it. Is there no error on debug console during export? (F12)

Kentou

Admin
Admin
Reaction score
Hi, I finally got the time to check the project. It is as I thought, it is completely wrong packaged for some reason. I am not sure if I already asked you this but try to open the debug console (F12 on Windows, Cmd+Alt+i on Mac) before exporting and then export your game again and see if there are any error messages. I think there must be some error.

wilsonthegreen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
Thanks Kentou, I did open the debug menu. (Didn't know about it until you mentioned it now.) I did get several error messages, mostly about files being missing. I took screenshots of them so you can see. Do any of these errors explain the issue?

Attachments

Last edited:

Kentou

Admin
Admin
Reaction score
Hi, I think you have to show the entire debug log, you are on the "Elements" tab. Click on the "Console" tab and make sure to show everything. (You can scroll down there) So first open the console, then export, then show everything here. Sorry for not telling you this right from the start.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So, the other day i come across to became closer to other developers and realiza im not even a novice. i am lower than thrash rigth now, worse than people that don´t know anything about this things cause i used to think i knew. good news is; today thrash, tommorrow, maybe not so much, and someday, i´ll be a god?
Ahh, end of the day stinky feet, fresh out of the boots. Smells like a job well done. Seriously, I have to rinse my feet when I get home, or it's not fair to my wife.
Stream will be live shortly with some pixel art! Feel free to drop by!

Can't believe I forgot to put an image of my drawing pad! It looks kinda like this, maybe I'll get a better pic tomorrow...
Backup tip: If you don't want to back up your whole project every day, at least back up everything *except* your Image and Audio folders, which you can do weekly/as needed/etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhandinhbongdaseriea