holyratchels

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
VNM
I have a MacBook with Big Sur, but the game does not start on it, it only shows the "NW.JS" window
Screenshot 2020-04-06 at 01.33.40.png
How to solve this problem ?

Nonsensei

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese, BR
Primarily Uses
VNM
I have a MacBook with Big Sur, but the game does not start on it, it only shows the "NW.JS" window
View attachment 184041
How to solve this problem ?

VN and Big Sur are not getting along well here too. I have a iMac 2017 with Big Sur, latest version installed.

That screenshot you took should be the splash screen of the engine/editor, but it is incomplete, won't load if you don't give full disk access to the game (system preferences > security & privacy > accessibility). Now you should be able to start the editor but you'll get the allow/not allow sys dialog to use the internet network. You MUST click on ALLOW, yep, every freaking time you open it, otherwise it will crash.

But even that does not guarantee that the editor will be stable. You should be able to run the editor, but it will be unstable since NS.JS runs over its own version of NODE.JS, a V8 javascript engine that comes with the editor. After some basic analysis, the 'NWJS Helper' process which is created by the NS.JS somehow does not works well with BIG SUR (bad install/config/memory leak/gatekeeper conflict?). You will load the editor but it will close and shut down without any warning (save often!). It is related to the auto-play/replay feature, which is on by default, where you'll be able to test/run your game inside the editor screen. Turn it off while doing the logic stuff, then save and turn it on only to test your game.

Sometimes you may need to go to the Activity Monitor.app to certify that the 'NWJS Helper' does not exists anymore by manually delete/cease it when VN crashes, or else the STEAM version won't be able to shutdown correctly (yep, it will keep eating more sys resources).

I'm still waiting for a true fix for this problem. I hope someone have something better to show us here.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Does the word "research" imply that you're searching for something that had been found before?
So Dad broke the blinds two days ago and he finally decided to try to fix them. I doubt he'll do very well without some help. And I can't help him myself--I don't know how the stink to fix those blinds. My knowledge is just plushies, mascots, computers, animation, and video game design. And also, I've had to stop family and friends from downloading viruses too many times to count.
IlluminaughtyStore.jpg
:kaojoy:
Welcome to the Illuminaughty store.
Yes... they are "wearing Illuminati branded everything, reclining on huge Illuminati body pillows. Occasionally they'll "teehee" at each other and have pillow fights with Illuminati branded pillows full of hundred dollar bills."
BCj
Working on Escalia again, feels good. Have this overwhelming urge to map as well, but need to get some extra tiles commissioned first :D
Lee Sang wrote on Bandito's profile.
Hi, I've just tried your plugin "Game is Active" and when I tested it on Android, it gave me an error, something about "Cannot read property 'underfined' of underfined.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuidadoDoyJuegos