Mack/FSM chars in VX Chibi-size style

manueleiria

creamdonut
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hi!

I'm looking for versions of Mack's sprites in VX RTP Chibi-size. I found momope's website (http://momope8.blog67.fc2.com/), which contains all of them, except for Hero-1-1, Hero-1-2 and Hero-2-6, as he explains those chars are already available in a sample game. I assume that sample game is one of mack's, but those chars don't exist in vx_sample.exe.

There is no way for me to contact momope due to the fact that his site requires a verification code in japanese to be input in order to send him a message asking how I can locate those resources. Does anyone know where to find them? I would be much obliged.

Thank you all in advance for your time!

manueleiria

creamdonut
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Thank you so much Slim! Though it seems the files are encrypted, and therefore access to those resources won't actually be available... It's too bad really. Anyone else has found these resources un-encrypted, and usable?

GrandmaDeb

Modern Exteriors Posted!
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Well, actually the resources are available - the RTP resources are, anyways.

I am rather amazed that the RTP is there but not the extra files for the characters you see in-game.

I wonder if they "hid" them in the scripting or something.... I am stumped! I just scoured the file, too.

manueleiria

creamdonut
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
The files are inside the encrypted 'Game.rgss2a'. It is possible to unencrypt it, but my point now regards the legality or lack therof to rip and use those resources.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I don't actually have any knowledge but I would guess that what happened is that Momope saw that some of the graphics were unencrypted and assumed all of them were.  You'll probably need someone to make new ones for you.

Manueleiria, you are so awesome for caring about the legality!  Thank you!

manueleiria

creamdonut
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Well Sharm, I'm used to being one of those dudes who just lurks around a lot, and I've been fiddling with the RPG Maker for some years now, never doing anything too prolific. Back with XP, I used to be more active within the community for spriting in Half Kaiser templates. It seems it's something that just faded away with time. But it's very important to give due credit where credit is due, and to limit oneself to what the creator intended when not working with our own material.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So I need to come up with quite a few action sequences.
Was stressing about this plugin earlier, but pretty happy with how its looking now! Purple makes it pop more too!! :)
A friend requested me to do a pfp for his twitch channel, so far he approved one of my sketches, so going to digital now. The style he's looking for is quite different from my usual, hopefully I can get it right... :kaoback:
I am so hyped! A new post update and im anxious to see reactions..eeeeeeee

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noicchi