Korimax

Architect of Procrastination
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
THIS IS "MOST LIKELY" FOR A COMMERCIAL PROJECT! IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE IDEA OF DOING A REQUEST FOR A COMMERCIAL PROJECT FOR FREE, THEN DON'T DO IT, I MADE THIS REALLY BOLD AND OBVIOUS!

(Most likely since I guess it depends if it gets greenlit in the future among other things.)

EDIT:

I need a Character sprite in Mack's VX Ace Style (The Template for which I have provided). The character design I desire is *slightly* inspired by another character for which I have provided a picture for.

mack-female-template.png

HERE IS THE REFERENCE PICTURE!

Norne.jpg

So what exactly do I want changed in the design? Glad you asked. :3

The main thing I love about the character is her hair in fact that is possibly the only reason I like the character. So I want her hair to be blonde, and her eyes to be Blue. Now the clothes have to be pretty different since I don't want it to be quite obvious that this character I have in my mind is in anyway related to another character... due to fear of copyright. So what I want are similar clothes but green, or at least a light green, similar to how in that picture her clothes are a light red (pink). ALSO! No cape/scarf whatever that is, no shoulder guard (Not sure what it is called but get it gone.), No white legging things (Stockings?), also notice how one of her gloves has a weird string or ribbon around it? yep that too must be gone. Also I am considering that the clothing needs to have a hood but I'm not too sure about that.

So now that that is all out of the way I have to admit.... most of the character has changed in fact I probably only needed the head to describe how I wanted her hair but whatever.  >_>

So if this is in anyway against any rules please shut down this thread immediately. Also I thank anybody in advance who attempts this request.

P.S. Although not necessary, along with the typical spriteset I would LOVE a down sprite (unconscious?), sleeping sprite, and a set of praying sprites looking in all four directions. This however is more or less not needed... just wanted.  ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Korimax

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Strange, it works for me... is it against the rules to post the image directly here?

EDIT: Moved the image to the main post.

If its against the rules for whatever reason (haven't read anything about such a thing so I assume its alright) then I'll take the image off. I don't know why it wouldn't be allowed though, so I might just be feeling paranoid.

Korimax

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thought I would bump this a bit, and I am also trying to think of how better to possible describe what I want currently I think I have done the best I can. But if somebody believes I could or should provide more details I will need an example of what details I may be missing.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Maybe rearrange the order of things in your beginning post? At first it looks like you're asking for people to do a copyrighted character for a commercial game, it takes some reading before you get to the point where what you're really doing is a character inspired by this one and by then most people have closed the tab and moved on. I think you should just ask for the details of the character and then say "This character is very much like the one I'm going for" instead of going at it from a "I want to use this one, but I can't" approach.

Korimax

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Alright I tried it your way Sharm, and I think I have closer to what is more understandable, or at least not immediate read first 4 lines and leave.  :)

Also since the link didn't work I moved my reference picture to the main post (Should have done that in the first place).

Korimax

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thought I'd try and give this a bump while I try and think of what else I could say or try to rephrase this so it doesn't seem like I'm requesting a Copyrighted Character for a Commercial Project.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've started playing with this, but do you mind if I use a different Mack template that I normally use? This is a bit weird - if you look at it closely the back view is the exact same as the front view without a face. And it's just strange.

Also, I have no idea how long this might take me. My priority is on my project for the IGMC contest and so I will work on this as I have time here and there.

Korimax

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thank you mlogan for taking an interest, I was wondering if you could pm me the Mack Template you use.

(Also its not the same, its just very small differences but I agree now that it looks a bit weird.)

EDIT: Also don't worry about it too much, just focus on your project, I'm very patient.  :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

just when I thought one of the greatest game of all time couldn't get any better, they announce a new dlc for it.
For anyone interested: there's another huge humble bundle with JRPG assets + a game jam starting next month - it's for a good cause, so check it out <3
Turning a specific vibe into reality is incredibly difficult. For instance, this song is one of the ones I listen to when working on my post apocalyptic project, and getting it's "feeling" into the game has been a real challenge.

I don't just wanna regurgitate the numbers I see, I wanna actually understand the calculations I'm making so I'm probably gonna make a post later with some calculations and what I THINK they mean to get some advice and corrections.

Edit: All (Most) of these will be tested in game prior. I just wanna make sure I understand what's going on under the hood if you will.
my girlfriend calls all my little chibi art cute lol... funny considering that wasn't the original art style of the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traviscot