MADO White Screen and Crash

Discussion in 'Tech Support-All Makers' started by D.L. Yomegami, Mar 13, 2018.

1. D.L. Yomegami

D.L. Yomegami Sanely Insane Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm actually not sure if this is the right place to put this. I decided on here since it's an error with a Maker addon, but if a mod decides to move it to Product Discussion and Support instead I won't object.

As for the problem I'm having: MADO doesn't seem to want to work for me. After installing the tool and running it, I'm greeted with the program's screen being completely white. Apparently the program is still running in this state, as I can go up and open up the file menu and whatnot. But scrolling down that menu gives me a non-specific error message followed by the program crashing.

I'm using MV version 1.5.2 on a computer running Windows 7 64 bit.

I had a similar issue with MV itself when I installed it for the first time, and from what I remember it was because I was missing a certain file. I'm not sure if it's a similar issue here, or if it's something else.

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Update your display driver and test again - the file you mentioned was not exactly missing, but you had an too old Version in your old display driver, and it might be that the tool requires an even more modern Version of the OGL.

3. D.L. Yomegami

D.L. Yomegami Sanely Insane Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I tried updating my driver; however, it was already fully up to date.

Ultimately, I fixed it on my own by copying opengl32.dll to my MADO folder. I'm aware there's probably a better way of fixing it other than moving .dlls around, but I'm not noticing any other problems arising from it.