Overcaffeinated
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Madou Monogatari: Magician's Melody

DESCRIPTION
A short rhythm fangame based off Puyo Puyo/Madou Monogatari, programmed using Moghunter's Theatrhythm Plugin! Press on the keyboard to the pace of the games' music to pull off attacks, and overcome your opponents with the power of song! With comedic Visual Novel-style cutscenes in between, face 7 battles to the beat! About 30 minutes for the main game; 1-2 hours to experience 100% of the content.

Originally designed as a gift for a friend who likes rhythm games, and partly shares my love for the Madou Monogatari cast. She encouraged me to polish it and give it a complete release, even though I'm a bit nervous about putting a fangame up here. Critiques are encouraged, since I'm just starting out!

STORY
Schezo Wegey, the dark magician, has found the remains of notes left behind by his precursor, Rune Lord. He follows them; and discovers the ruins of the magician's ancient library have raised from the ground. These great halls contain the remaining notes, the key to great power. For their own reasons, Schezo's goofy foes and kinda-sometimes-friends have entered in search of the documents. Open the door, guide the anti-hero to victory through music, and you may taste the Rune Lord's final secrets, too...

SCREENSHOTS
img1.png img2.png img3.png img4.png img5.pngGameOver.png

LINKS

FEATURES
  • 7 Theatrhythm Battles! Each has their own unique music track!
  • Visual Novel-style cutscenes!
  • 3 difficulty settings!
  • 3 alternate music sets for battles, available with a password system! With 7 original tracks, means a total of 28 different songs to play on!

CHARACTERS
  • Schezo Wegey: A dark magician with a blunt attitude, on the quest to improve himself. His old-fashioned dialogue style often gets him into misunderstandings.
  • Witch: A giggling ball of mischief who derives power from the comets. Her knowledge of magic is undoubted, but will her ambition put her against Schezo?
  • Draco Centauros: A dragon girl who's always ready for a challenge, whether it's in style or in fists. Something's really heating her up in this library...
  • Suketoudara: A reckless, groovy fish who makes great use of his humanoid arms and legs. The only magic he needs is the power of dance!
  • Rulue: The self-proclaimed Fighting Queen, a haughty woman who always keeps her head in the game. Her curry roux is renowned across the land, and its strength is only greater in the library.
  • Minotauros: Rulue's bodyguard and servant. Obedient, hapless, and beefy in every sense of the term.
  • Arle?: This is definitely the original games' magic protagonist, right? The one who decapitated Schezo? She couldn't possibly be some sort of doppelganger... Could she?
  • Dark Prince Satan: King of Puyo Hell. He's hatched countless diabolical plans to ask Arle on a date, and countless more to get his old pet Carbuncle back. Something's increased his power tonight, though...
  • Rule Lord: The mysterious, deceased man who pulled a young Schezo into a maze of horrors. What secrets did he leave behind?

WARNINGS
This fan game is intended to be original flavor. It's about as objectionable as, say, Puyo Puyo~n, or Puyo Puyo Tetris. More specifically:
  • Some saucy double entendres
  • Slight religious themes regarding Satan as a villain; no religious commentary or religious horror
  • Implied use of alcohol (by Satan)
  • Crossdressing (without shaming the crossdresser)
  • Mild fantasy/comedy violence
  • Crude humor
  • Mind manipulation, if that worries anyone
One script may get in the way of gamepads; if you have trouble, use the keyboard.

Anyone here is free to modify this game as they see fit, but please support the original releases, and respect the original games' creators.

CREDITS
First off: RPG Maker MV by Degica.
All these characters, art, and music were created by Compile and SEGA. I do not own them, claim credit for them, or have permission to use them. I fully accept the risk this entails. If any original staff request this game be taken down, I will comply.
More credits included in game itself.

Original Madou Monogatari/Puyo Puyo concept:
Masamitsu Niitani (alias Moo Nitani)

SCRIPTS
Theatrhythm Script: https://atelierrgss.wordpress.com/rmv-theatrhythm/
Message Core: http://yanfly.moe/2015/10/10/yep-2-message-core/
Astra Cat's Simple Input Settings: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/astra-cats-simple-input-settings-plugin-wasd-movement-disable-f2-f4-and-disable-mouse.54527/

IMAGES
Guidelines for battlers: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/rpg-maker-mv-templates-and-guideline.46839/
Windowskin: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/hiddenones-mv-resource-warehouse.47255/
Art from Puyo Puyo~n, Puyo Nexus, and Puyo Puyo Quest

MUSIC
Most Music: Madou Monogatari games
Open the Door (intro):
Original game artists
Sunaho Tobe
Shoko Kambe
Akira Mikame
RPG Maker MV default RTP artists
And all original game staff...

Original game composers & musicians
Tsuyoshi Matsushima
Einosuke Nagao
Compile Sound And Effect Division
Hideki Abe
Masanori Hikichi
Masayuki Nagao
Hirofumi Murasaki
Mizuki Hosoyamada
Mie Sonozaki, Shiho Kikuchi, Asami Imai,
Yuriko Fuchizaki, Kanako Kondou, Kaoru Sakura
Masakazu Morita, Mie Sonozaki, Takumi Yamazaki,
Tamaki Nakanishi, Yuki Ishikari, Chikara Ousaka
And all original game staff...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Remember, you can enter up to THREE effects for a chance to win a copy of MZ! Only 11 submissions so far, the chances of winning is high! :D https://itch.io/jam/elfkisser
wake me up when Photoshop stop crashing everytime
Brioche with a crème patissiere filling is so tasty!
A group of Game creators and others who trying to revive the Feel of Multiplayer and TOWN/ROLEPLAY games

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamerchix