Solovei

Has approximate knowledge of many things
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi! I hope this is the right forum for this kind of question (and sorry if it was already covered elsewhere!)

Last night I was doing some tileset edits, using tiles from the "Magic and SF Pack" that was included with the installation of MV that I got on Steam.

The Readme file in the folder does list the artists who made the tilesets - BIT/O https://bit-orchard.hatenablog.com/ and metsss https://twitter.com/metsss0221 (metsss's Twitter does not appear to be active anymore)

Most of the documentation I can find included in this folder is in Japanese, which I don't read, so I was wondering - is this considered part of the RTP when it comes to editing/credits, or is there a separate license for this pack?

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Anything that was given to you by Degica as a part of RPG Maker falls under the RPG Maker license and terms.

If you know individual artist names, it's groovy of you to credit them, but your ability to use and edit the material is the same as everything else in your MV folder.

Solovei

Has approximate knowledge of many things
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Anything that was given to you by Degica as a part of RPG Maker falls under the RPG Maker license and terms.

If you know individual artist names, it's groovy of you to credit them, but your ability to use and edit the material is the same as everything else in your MV folder.
Sweet! Thanks for the speedty reply :D

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Before I close this, I just want to say that I would be hesitant to assume that ANYTHING given to you by Degica has the same terms of use as the base materials provided with the engine.

Bundling resources by an individual artist does not necessarily negate that artist's terms.

I went to the link in the ReadMe file and used translate to look at their terms. While it does seem they generally allow edits, so it should be fine, please don't assume all materials are the same. Always check the terms. (Which, OP, I know you were, I'm just putting this as a general message to anyone reading in response to the previous post.)

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Profile Posts

..of the major old school series that began in the 80s- early 90s, I still haven't beaten 'a' Zelda game. Mario 64 was the first Mario I've beaten. I don't know if I should give that honor to Link to the Past or A Link Between Worlds(I currently own both). Well technically I've haven't beaten a Sonic either (Game Genie doesn't count =P).
headshot_headinfo.jpg
Time to add the "headshot" concept into the game so that people may actually aim at the heads when shooting zombies and get massive damage and armor-pen bonus as rewards. :kaojoy:
(The red area is just for visually debug purposes right now. But, it's possible that I will add something that displays the weak spots of enemies in the future.)
Worked on a cutscene skip domino effect using Maker Systems' script as the basis. Basically if I have a batch of cutscenes in a row on different maps, now when you skip one cutscene it will skip the entire set. No more spamming X to skip a scene every new map.

Oh and it will work regardless of where you do it from in the set. Convenient!
seems absolutely WILD to me now all the hundreds of hours of work I used to do in 2k(3) over a decade ago with a resolution of 320x240. that seems so insanely TINY now, seemed so normal at the time!
Playing Aroma Indosiar theme song.
Aroma is an Indonesian TV show about cooking. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lollwi