RMMV "Magical" Boy/Girl based game

Would you play a game with this concept?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ValentinaSama67

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Strings of Fate (name may change)
Is the name of a project I've been kind of working on, I got a few world building details, sprites and mechanics thought through, however, I'd like to receive some feedback on what I've already established.
(most names might/will change in the future, so don't take them too seriously)

World Building
  • The world in the game is our normal 21st-century society. However, there's also the "String world", another dimension where a person's relationship threads are materialized. (I inspired myself in the Persona series and the "Akai Ito" Japanese legend)
  • Each person has three types of threads in their String World: Red, Blue and Green. Red is for romantic relations, Blue is for family and Green is for friendships.
  • Each relation thread is guarded by an entity. These entities are born once a relationship is created and they feed from the thread who gave them life.
  • When two people have a very strong friendship/love connection/family bond, be it good or bad, the entity who represents their relation becomes proportionally stronger. And the stronger the entity becomes, the more it affects the people who are connected by the thread.

• The String World and the Real World are always in harmony. Harmony in this context would be: "People's relationship entities aren't too strong or too weak, they are in perfect balance."
  • However, once the balance is disturbed, it's up to the Itos and the Deathlings to restore it.
  • Itos are: Entities who work for Destiny (Destiny is a force who rules over the universe and determines your whole life from the moment you are born). Itos have varying appearances, they generally are real-life animals or mythological animals. They are in charge of awaking the powers of the Deathlings and watching over them.
  • Deathlings are: Young teenagers who will die before accomplishing any dreams or goals they had. So, instead of simply dying and not doing anything for the world, they are given the ability to travel to the String World to fight against the relationship entities who became too strong and got out of hand. Doing that, they help normal people to live their lives happily. (They are magical boys/girls basically)
  • Deathlings, even though they know they will die, never manage to change that fact. They will die. (This will be one of the most prominent plot points since the goal of the main characters is to try and avoid death while helping people around them)
Magic System/Battle System (I would really appreciate some help in this department)
  • The Deathlings get their powers from Emblems, circular tattoos in the back of their hands. These emblems appear once the character is "awakened" by a Ito.
  • The magic system is based on attributes and emotions. (not too different from the normal RPG Maker combat)
  • The attributes are Empathy, Humility, Trust, and Respect. Each attribute can be enhanced by your choices throughout the game. The higher your attributes are, the stronger your attacks and abilities based on them will become.
  • The emotions are Love, Hate, Happiness, Sadness, Fear, and Braveness. The emotions are basically elements. I want to give it a twist so it isn't basically "fire, water, wind, etc" with different names, but I haven't thought of anything cool that would work well.
  • The battle system would be the normal turn-based (I really like the turn-based system, even though it's cliché and kind of hated lol)
  • I plan on using the SumRndm Walk Character Battlers plugin. I plan on using it since I'll be the one making all of the graphics of the game and I want to do something a bit different with the battler sprites.

Plot (what I thought so far at least)
  • The story is based around a 17 year old boy called Ícaro. He is an introverted geek loser who is always taken aback when it comes to girls because of past trauma. He is the main character. (I prefer to not say too much about the main characters since I'm actually serious about this project and will try to stick to it until the end)
  • The two secondary characters are: Karen and Don. (I'm still wondering if I should add a third secondary character/party member)
  • Karen is the school's "mean girl". Loves partying and boys, buying stuff she doesn't need, besides using her influence to get her way with her teachers and peers. However, she has extreme physical strength even with a doll-like appearance. Even though she's this futile girl, she still has this secret sweet and caring side to her that she's never had the opportunity to show.
  • Don is the school bully. Tall and strong, he is kind of an air-head and is a bully simply to hide his "weak" and sweet self from other people. He has a best friend, Gabriel, who is his only friend. Aside his bully tendencies, Don is a very sweet guy who has suppressed his true identity.
  • These three end up together after arriving late and having detention.
  • In detention, all three are approached by a mysterious black wolf who calls himself Itoka. The mysterious talking animal says that they will die in half an year, and they have the mission to help people with their relationships in the String World.
  • The two boys are quick to say that they don't want to die but also aren't willing to solve other people's problems, even so, Karen starts to ask if she can save a friend who is in a terrible situation with her abusive boyfriend. Itoka says it's possible and without a second of hesitation she asks to be "awakened". And after that and a few situations, the three end up coming together to help their family and friends with their distorted relations and to try and avoid their eminent death.

Jesus, that's a lot of stuff, but not nearly enough!!
Anyways, if anyone has any ideas, critiques and/or suggestions, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks, and good night/day!

SmashArtist

Lazy Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Very interesting concepts, I like the idea of those who have no future being given a chance to make a difference. :LZSooo:
I can't promise that I'll play it, but if you ever need any artwork for your project feel free to come by my workshop.

KazukiT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like the premise of your project, I can't wait to see it develop. It does pay homage to Persona but, it feels like its own game.

ValentinaSama67

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Very interesting concepts, I like the idea of those who have no future being given a chance to make a difference. :LZSooo:
I can't promise that I'll play it, but if you ever need any artwork for your project feel free to come by my workshop.
Thank you! I've already seen your workshop before, you have some really cool art.

I like the premise of your project, I can't wait to see it develop. It does pay homage to Persona but, it feels like its own game.
Thank you, I really like the persona series and their mechanics so I suppose it's kind of inevitable that I'll get inspiration from them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

What is your favourite rpg maker plugin?
Hopefully this gets fixed before release..
Where's this sudden heatwave come from? It's not even sunny, it's just hot. Hate it!
I'm slightly disappointed that the MZ codebase still uses core.js, managers.js, objects.js, scenes.js, sprites.js and windows.js instead of core/Bitmap.js, core/Graphics.js, managers/AudioManager.js, managers/DataManager.js, etc...
just a few more hours until the toughest, most pressure 72 hours of my life, wish me luck guys

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcamp10565