Mahjong Minigame for commercial game

Laptopdancer

Gaymerz Rock!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm looking for a timed Mahjong mini-game like many online.

It would be based on how many matches you make within a certain time period. If you bet 100 then the time period is 60 seconds (easy) if you bet 500 then 30 seconds (harder) if you bet 1000 then 10 seconds (hardest) etc The tiles need to randomize each time the scene is started.  

You would win a random prize (item or gold) within that "prize level" (defined groupings of gold prizes and items)  It would require database tags and randomizing in the script, room for music to be played as back ground and changes based on different scenes, sound effects for the matched, and errored matches, a timer running out countdown sound, and lastly a win SE. All of which I can create.

Additionally It can be created with a set of tile found anywhere and I will have my artist friend create ones exclusively for the game. Finally the "battle back" could be changeable for each scene I create within the script.

If you are willing to create it exclusively for my commercial game I am open to a discussion about compensation if not I'm requesting this for a trade of service. I and my best friend are both talented composers and singers, I also can design levels and am quite good at writing. 

Minigame could be played with gamepad arrow keys or the mouse. I was hoping that the layout could be different based on the difficulty/bet amount.

Oh and it is activated by walking up to a mahjong table. The art for it will be created later before game release, but in the mean time could be ripped from something else...

After finding examples of the traditional play online it is far too complicated to implement in that fashion as a minigame. So I guess just the matching format...

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you providing the image resources?

Is it to follow a traditional Mahjong layout, or do you have another layout(s) you wish to use?

Is this a scene, and is it mouse driven? What mouse script are you using?

You may also need to provide links to online versions of the game you're after. The one I'm familiar with is only pairing and removing tiles from the board, which I believe is not the traditional way it's played (throwing tiles out? Chow and Pong moves? No idea).

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
The only mahjong I'm familiar with is the Saki variety. What's this about matching...?

Mike

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
lol, I don't get really get how mahjong is played even after watching Saki since I'm more fascinated by the bishoujos' stories and the sportsmanship between them. : p

There's the Chinese mahjong. the Japanese mahjong, the American mahjong, oh heck you can even create your own rules as long your participants agree to it. :3

Laptopdancer

Gaymerz Rock!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Its like the american game memory match. You literally match Mahjong tiles that are stacked in layers and randomized. It's considered the solitare version of mahjong by most. such as the one at by-art.com

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You still need to answer the other questions I asked ;)

Laptopdancer

Gaymerz Rock!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You asked many questions... Which one do you mean? I modified my original comments to include most of them I think...

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh - you didn't SAY you modified your OP. I was looking for a new post with answers to the questions :)

This might be interesting to try, but I don't have any use for what you are offering in exchange. If you are willing to do it as a commission, PM me with what you are willing to pay for it. Or just say if you'd prefer to wait and see if someone else will do it for you in trade of your services and I'll hold off.

Laptopdancer

Gaymerz Rock!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Gah! I never know if I'm following the forum rules right or not. i thought I was supposed to always modify my original post if the further discussion was in regards to my original post. Good to know. If I pay I would expect the resulting script to be exclusively mine with credit given on my commercial project. If this is acceptable to you I will PM you.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yes, all scripts commissioned from me are for exclusive use unless the requester decides to release it to others for free.

thomastaww

Warper
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
If you're looking for an exciting new game to play with family and friends, look no further than American mahjong! A variant of the original game that was brought to the west almost a century ago, this is the hottest game in town.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I picked up For The King in a Humble Bundle sale, and one mechanic that stuck out to me was a physical change to the world map when finishing a side quest. That got me thinking about special map-effect rewards for certain side quests in my game.
Stream will be live shortly with some Witcher 3! Feel free to drop by!
This forum is a great source of procrastination for me.
Today I read "The mouth speaks what the heart is full of." Simple, and reminds me I have a ton of work to do.
Why are cats so darn cute when their tongues are sticking out? If I did that, it wouldn't have the same effect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlosr