Mail System

mail2-548x444.jpg

Description:

This script adds an email scene to your game, you need to predefine

senders and emails in the script and after that you can send them

to the player via a script call.

Download:

Here

If you have some suggestions or need some changes feel free to say.

mfg.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I hope you get it to a point where you don't really need to predefine the mails. That would increase it's usefulness I think (so that we could like make algorithms for random mails or something). Nice script btw :)

Last edited by a moderator:

SpacemanFive

Meteor Mage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Definitely going to test this out when I have the next chance to. It really looks like something that could be very useful to one of my projects.

I'll be sure to let you know once I test it if I have any feedback! Nice work!

Evgenij

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks for your answers.

@Engr. Adiktuzmiko

I dont like that the emails have to be predefined, too. But I just can't think of a way to get the emails dynamically generated.

If someone have ideas on how to design the creation of an email feel free to say, I would appreciate this.

I have updated the script:

Code:
# 25.09.2014 - V. 1.1:#   - bugfixes#   - added gold to attachments#   - new feature: custom windowskin#   - new feature: run common_event when reading mail#   - new scriptcall: $game_system.attachments_claimed?(:symbol)

whitesphere

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
You could have the mail system use a few script configurable variables:

$mail.sender - Set to the text to show for the Sender

$mail.subject - Set to the text to show for the Subject

$mail.text - Set to the text for the mail itself

$mail.add_attachment(item) - Set to something like "i3" to add Item ID 3, "g2000" to add 2000 Gold, etc.

$mail.send - Adds the newly generated mail to the mailbox and clears the attachments.

This gives a hook so developers can dynamically generate mail through a common event, script calls or whatever.

EDIT:  Just looked at your script.  You can do this by having some Global like "Current_email" which is initialized in the script, and cleared as I mentioned above.  The "send" function would actually create a copy of the "Current_email" global and send the previous one into the mailbox.

Evgenij

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Im no fan of global variables, but I could add an alternate method to add new mails dynamically, I have something in mind.

Thank you.

YukiNagato

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Taglish
Primarily Uses
@Evgenij

The link provided at the OP seems to be broken.

The script seems to be quite interesting too. :(

Thank you very much! :)

ddejan90

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Serbo-Croatian
Primarily Uses
Hey, I know this is an old post, but, I really like it and would love to use it. The only issue I have here is:
I want to use the system when a player buys a property (let's say mine) and it should randomly generate gold and gems and player can claim attachment and the mail repeats once now and then randomly if possible or by player triggering random events. I tried to send same mail twice, but, it didn't work. You can get only one mail and claim it, using the scriptcall changes nothing. I guess I could make like 200calls but it would just clutter the script and events.
Anyone has any idea how to do that? Randomly getting the mail with attachments and/or being able to send same mail again without making huge amount of event triggers.
If possible, anyone to have similar script for VX Ace?
Thanks for your time.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The full estate map(include 1F,2F,3F and backyard), yes the backyard is a small labyrinth as well as an entrance to a real labyrinth!
Sometimes you Just need to realise someone is beyond help... Still hard to walk away tho :(
100 Horror/Tragedy Sample Maps, Penguin Mech Sprite, & TileD Templates | RPG Maker News #70

Continuing working on abs. So far I have done the workout twice. I am excited to see the results after a couple of weeks. How is everyone doing? :)
MZ: oh boy imma work today
Me, excited: Really?
MZ, doesn't do what I tell It too
Me: I Thought-
MZ: I am Working!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grazzok