Main menu featuring Sideview Actors instead of Faces.

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by Little Paw, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Little Paw

Little Paw Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Here's an example I threw together in Photoshop, using the AltMenuScreen default plugin as a base.

Spoiler

[​IMG]

It doesn't have to be laid out like this, but this is the general idea I'm looking for. I'd like to display animated (if possible) sideview battle actors in the main menu as opposed to pictures like a face graphic or bust. Ideally, I'd like to be able to define which animations get used in certain situations. For example, if the character is at low health, they'll look like Red up there, and if they're knocked out, they'll look like Blue.

I'd like for the actors to be laid out horizontally like this, as opposed to vertically like the default menu, if possible. Here's another example of what I want. This is the menu screen from Tales of Eternia. Something like this would be great.

Spoiler

[​IMG]

Has any menu like this been made? If not, would anyone like to make one? //rmwforums.s3.amazonaws.com/emoticons/default_smile.gif

Edit: Also, I need it to be possible for an actor's graphic to be changed on the menu screen when being afflicted with a specific state (on a per-actor basis). Like being able to notetag in the Actor's tab something like "<State Menu Graphic: 10, StateGraphicImage, dead>" where 10 = the state number that triggers a change in the graphic and StateGraphicImage = the image you want to call, and dead = the SV Actor animation you want to call.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2016
  2. Jeremy Cannady

Jeremy Cannady Coldfire Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hmmm, I can do animated battlers in any menu. I would have to find the script I made for that.
    It has been a while since I have been on here.

3. Little Paw

First Language:
    English
    So... You can do it? :D

4. Jeremy Cannady

First Language:
    English
    Something like this?

I have the actors animated too. I have them walking in place then swinging their weapon followed by the victory dance.

Spoiler

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
  5. Little Paw

First Language:
    English

Not quite. That provides way too much information, most of which my game doesn't use. I just need it simple, like the basic menu but displaying the animated sideview actors.

6. Jeremy Cannady

First Language:
    English
    Well that was just an example of how it would look in a menu.

7. Little Paw

First Language:
    English
    Bump.