Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello,
I need help one last time (normally) for something quite important for my project.
I would like to know if there is a plugin to be able to launch a common event in combat from the group command window (with Fight and Escape).
I know that yanfly has created a plugin that allows you to do this from the non-combat menu (with Item, Skill...) called "Main Menu Manager". The plugin offers to hide or display the additional line in the menu, which allows it to appear at a specific time during the game.
This is exactly what I need for my project, but I don't know if it exists, or if someone will be good enough in javascript to create it. I can provide the Main Menu Manager plugin privately if that helps.

I also specify that I use the Yanfly plugin "In-Battle Status" which adds an additional line to the command window of the group (to avoid plugin conflicts).

Anyone think they can help me please?

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
sharing paid plugin is not allowed though, but there are plugins to show
commands when TP is max or another under certain condition.

I believe YEP_BattleEnginCore and Seq packs 1, 2, 3 can use lunatic code
to make it happen per skill/command to use some skills.

I dont know how to use those code, but it's possible.

Main Menu Manager is made for outside battle only, but it depends
what commands or skills mean when to show or not to provide the
correct plugins and its notetag for this to happen.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
what you want to use is usually called a "command manager" type script or plugin, because as explained above the main menu has nothing to do with the battlescreen.
I don't have any link for you, but try to search with that term.

Another Fen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Recently someone mentioned this plugin in a thread, and it at least sounds like what you are looking for:
Ninjapons Common Event Party Commands

I don't know if it will be compatible, but chances are you have to place it above Yanflys In-Battle-Status at least.

(Edit: The original mention was here)

Last edited:

Jay19

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thank you for your answers.
Another Fen, what you propose to me seems perfect in theory, but I can't use it.
When using the common event, an error is displayed (even if I deactivate all my other plugins).

bug.png

Another thing, I have the impression reading the description that the plugin offers to show and hide the additional command, but I don't see how to do it. Did I misunderstand? Edit: this point is resolved.

Do you think you can help me or is it better that I contact the author of the plugin directly?

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
how did you configure the plugin, and what are the contents of the common event?
(please give screenshots of both)

Another Fen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Depending how old your project is you might be using core script files from before version 1.5.1. According to this change log by Yanfly the isForcedTurn function was introduced with that version.

You can find the updated MV and instructions how to upgrade your project here.

(even if I deactivate all my other plugins)
Not applicable here, but keep in mind that the RPGMaker has a quirk and changes to your plugin list are only reflected in (battle-)test play if you saved your project afterwards.

Do you think you can help me or is it better that I contact the author of the plugin directly?
I can't make definitive statements here, but generally I'd say that if there is a thread for the plugin it won't hurt to ask there for help either way - if only in case someone else might encounter the same issue you did (You should do your best to isolate the issue first of course).

Last edited:

Jay19

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
N/A
bug 2.png

My common event is currently only a text with "Ok" written, to verify that it works.

My version is 1.6.1, I believe that I had just updated it with the link that you indicate to me.
Is it possible that having made a backup of my project before the update, some of the project files are still old? Since it was created before the update. Otherwise, I don't understand where the problem comes from.

Edit: I created a new project and searched for "isForcedTurn" in the .js files
I found two codes, respectively in rpg_core and rpg_manager files

Code:
BattleManager.endTurn = function() {
    this._phase = 'turnEnd';
    this._preemptive = false;
    this._surprise = false;
    this.allBattleMembers().forEach(function(battler) {
        battler.onTurnEnd();
        this.refreshStatus();
        this._logWindow.displayAutoAffectedStatus(battler);
        this._logWindow.displayRegeneration(battler);
    }, this);
    if (this.isForcedTurn()) {
        this._turnForced = false;
    }
};

BattleManager.isForcedTurn = function () {
    return this._turnForced;
};

Code:
Game_Battler.prototype.onTurnEnd = function() {
    this.clearResult();
    this.regenerateAll();
    if (!BattleManager.isForcedTurn()) {
        this.updateStateTurns();
        this.updateBuffTurns();
    }
    this.removeStatesAuto(2);
};

So I created a plugin that combines the 2 and it seems to work. Do you think that was the right thing to do? I'm not very good at javascript so hopefully this won't cause a problem.

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
please give all screenshots I asked for. An event (even a common event) is more than just the contents, and I asked for the screenshot to see the trigger and other properties as well.

and also please give a screenshot of the plugin manager itself, so that we can see what other plugins you have and in which order.

as for the update question: if that updates is not done correctly, you might have missed copying some newer files and still have the old. But that has nothing to do with backups made before that. Those backups cannot affect the project, only files copied into the project folder can do that.

Sword_of_Dusk

Ace Attorney
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Jay19 Looking at your plugin parameters, you don't have Event 1 set to be visible, meaning you wouldn't be able to see it on the menu.

Jay19

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
N/A
Sword_of_Dusk: This is normal. It will be visible during the game.

Andar: Thank you for your help but as indicated on my last message (in edit) the problem is solved.
I was waiting for a possible answer from Another Fen but I think I can note "Resolved" in the title.

Sword_of_Dusk

Ace Attorney
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Jay19 Remember to include the @ symbol in front of someone's name in order to tag them if you need them to see a message. Helps to ensure they know to get back to you.

Another Fen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
My version is 1.6.1, I believe that I had just updated it with the link that you indicate to me.
Is it possible that having made a backup of my project before the update, some of the project files are still old? Since it was created before the update. Otherwise, I don't understand where the problem comes from.
As mentioned in the thread, you still have to update the files of your old project yourself:
Updating your Projects:
We would like to remind everyone to make sure to do the following steps before updating to ensure that when the update happens so your changes won’t be overwritten:
  • Make a backup of your project.
  • DO NOT OPEN your 1.5.2 below project with RPG Maker MV 1.6.1 if you have no backups!
Now for the update process.
  • Backup your game! This is important!
  • Make a backup of your Generator folder if you edited it.
Create a new project or go to the NewData folder in your RPG Maker MV root (where MV is installed) folder. Copy the following items and replace the ones in your existing project:
  • Copy the file "index.html" and "package.json" from NewData to your project
  • Copy the files libs folder, "rpg_*.js" (example: rpg_core) files from NewData/js to your project js folder
  • Do not replace your plugins.js !
  • Done!

If you are not sure which version your project is using, you can use this script call to see it (assuming you haven't partially replaced your files):
alert(Utils.RPGMAKER_VERSION)

A bit unrelated and I might confuse some versions here, but I think that the 1.6.1 maker version does not support test-play features for projects of older versions and vice-versa, so I would definitely recommend to fully update the project or roll back to an earlier version of the maker (in case the current version causes issues).

So I created a plugin that combines the 2 and it seems to work. Do you think that was the right thing to do? I'm not very good at javascript so hopefully this won't cause a problem.
The approach should be a good fallback solution if 1.6.1 (or 1.5.X) cause problems, but in theory you should not need to do that if your project already uses the current files.

That said, I don't have old project files on my PC right now to check myself, but if you end up using this plugin solution you should double check your default versions of the functions if anything else was changed here that might need resolving (if the new version only added the feature or maybe replaced an earlier solution).

If you want to copy this feature, you'd also need to copy the places where the BattleManagers introduced this._turnForced variable is modified, otherwise you'd never have a forced turn.

If your main goal is to stop the "is not a function" error, in this particular case a mock-up function would have probably been enough:
Code:
BattleManager.isForcedTurn = function() {
    return false;
};

Glad to hear it is workable though. :)

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Sometimes I wonder why I still try and recruit others to help with my games. It never works.
ScreenShot_10_3_2022_4_27_17.png
welp, thanks to Luna MV, I was able to add the Balloon as a window... thus allowing me to edit the font color and outline... so now it looks like comic bubbles above characters. I have NO idea why I couldn't get this to work through more conventional means, but here we are.
CUTE CUTE CUTE.gif
I cannot cease doing cute art
War and Wonder is a 100% choice-based open-world visual novel.
1664821313732.png
1664821466359.png
1664821547746.png
Going live soon on Twitch, and will continue Fortunastreet's game "Verloren". For those who are curious, you are welcome to join ;)

-> Franz' Twitch channel

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KyzerKiba