Make a balloon wait until completion with a script call?

Banjo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Using the normal Event option, you can make the game wait until a balloon completes its animation, but I need to use a script call for this since I'm using a variable for the event id. This works fine, but the game doesn't pause for the balloon to finish and I can't figure out how to make it do so using this scripting method.

My script snippet I'm using is:
$game_map.events[$game_variables[571]].balloon_id = 1

Can someone please tell me what I need to add to this script make the game wait for the balloon to finish animating?

Thanks!

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Add this
Code:
Fiber.yield while $game_map.events[$game_variables[571]].balloon_id > 0

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finished the frontier and...I apologize to anyone who saw the trailer I posted and actually tried it. Technical marvel, crazy disjointed fetish story hidden inside a cheap milsim skin that has no idea what it's trying to be except sanctimonious and failing at even that. As much as I hate fallout 4's story, even it was better. I guess there just won't be another non-parody fallout after all.
Anyone else having trouble posting in the forum? I have no reply box in posts or in messages. This is the only place I can type. @Archeia?
Snarkyfork wrote on Trihan's profile.
Hey man, I saw you mention that you do MV javascript work? Just wanted to confirm it before I put you on speed dial. =)
"Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is."-Krishna

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xana_the_machine