Phantasmagoric

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese BR
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For those of you who play League of Legends, you're probably familiar with the Death's Dance item effect. But for those who don't:
Death's Dance is an item focused on reducing burst damage, letting characters sustain themselves on a fight by ignoring a part of immediate damage. When you take damage, a percentage of the damage you would take is instead dealt as damage over time, giving you time to heal or shield yourself instead of taking all that immediate damage at once. Also, if you kill an enemy while bleeding, the remaining bleed damage is negated.
I've been looking to replicate this effect on RPG Maker MV, mainly by using Yanfly's Skill Core, Damage Core and Buffs & States Core, but I don't have many ideas as to how to make the DoT of the status effect be calculated based on a percentage of the damage that would be taken.
Is that even possible? Help is appreciated.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Have you had a look at the tips & tricks? I think there are a couple of them you could combine to achieve this effect.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't have many ideas as to how to make the DoT of the status effect be calculated based on a percentage of the damage that would be taken.
There's a specific Yanfly plugin for this, Extended Damage Over Time.

If you've saved the excess damage amount onto a variable on the battler, you can give the state a notetag like
Code:
<DoT Formula: a.excessDam/10>

You can also achieve this using the Custom Regenerate Effect tag from Buffs & States, but you'll just have to type out the code for doing the damage, calling the popup, checking for death, etc.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I'm looking at the instructions for notarizing an app for Mac. I think somebody at Apple went out of their way to seek a method to make notarization as annoying as humanly possible.
JjhoCix.gif

On one hand, game jams are fun. On the other hand, (incoherent screeching).
Here's my 3rd attempt at making my menu scene... Now the title looks cool enough to catch your attention I guess. =_=¡

kyoalertmenuxp09.jpg
My 2nd attempt at modifying my Achievements Menu...

kyoalertmenuxp07.jpg
I've been trying to improve this achievements menu...

kyoalertmenuxp05.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A_drag0n