Status
Not open for further replies.

DoNgocNhan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
Hello everyone! ^_^ My name is DNN, I just a beginner of RPG Maker VX Ace. I try to find tutorials about how to make a harvest moon game. But I can't see any tutorials about how to make a Harvest Moon game, so I try to make it by myself and I was successful. Today I'm going to show you all of my tutorials about How to make a Harvest Moon Game. I hope you found it helpful.

Here is my tutorials list:
+ Simple +
+ Advanced +
 ​
Update 04/6/2014: New tutorials
 ​
 ​
 ​
I just want to share and if you see it didn't helpful :( , Admin and Mod can remove this. Sorry about my bad English skill in this post and in my tutorials. Thanks for reading! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

The Prince of Sarcasm

Prince of sarcasm
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Sarcasm
Primarily Uses
Your planting systems are very good if you only have one lot. Can you make it a common event so you don't have to have SOOOOOOOO many different switches for each plant?

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Even if you make it a common event, you'd still need something to check PER plant/plot... be it switches, variables, self-switches

Randommerade

All those years, outside looking in...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Awesome!! What about adding a relationship system as well? I mean it's fairly simple to do, but not many people know how to do it, and is quite needed for a Harvest Moon-esque type game :) Here's a tutorial on a simple one.

The Prince of Sarcasm

Prince of sarcasm
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Sarcasm
Primarily Uses
actually I found a good plant system tutorial. All you need is to make one event per type of plant and then copy it to all your other plots. The only problem is that you can only plant one type of seed in certain plots. I can still live with that to, all I needed was a sign that tells the player you can only plant carrots here, type of thing.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
actually, if you couple that with an event spawn script (that hopefully saves the spawned events) you might be able to make it work for any plant per plot

DoNgocNhan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
I did update some more tutorials! I hope you guys will like it!  :)

RyokuHasu

Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Now, add tutorials to make it Rune Factory, the other side of the Harvest moon series ;D

AwesomeCool

Bratty and spoiled little sister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Now all these tutorials need is a tutorial to make npcs have schedules for there day (so they don't just stay in one spot all day).  :)

FennecFyre

The Annoying One
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ahhh, I can't wait to look over this! I'm planning a Harvest Moon-esque game in the far future, this could be exactly what I need.

whitesphere

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Now, add tutorials to make it Rune Factory, the other side of the Harvest moon series ;D
I love Rune Factory, but if you have a working Harvest Moon game, all you really need to add are:

* Item Crafting (Venka has an excellent script for this)

* Skills which increase with use

* Classic RPG Levels and Spells

* Overarching RPG style plot

For Rune Factory 3:  to make your main PC a Golden Wooly, create a Golden Wooly sprite, make a sprite and face-set for the Wooly, and assign said Wooly a different Class with Barehanded traits (Wool-Fu Master).   I really enjoyed beating on the bosses as a Golden Wooly. :)

So very few of those, except the crafting, require special scripts within RPG Maker.

Hatake-hime

Squishy Cat Summoner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
How do you guys get permission to view this? It says it's restricted for me :(

WulfyRoxas

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Unable to view.

Access denied.

dbyrd26

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
All of these tutorials are available on youtube.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Lol, I was about to write a small tutorial and realized it would belong to the MZ section ....that does not exist yet.
I've noticed that more videos on YouTube have these segmented bookmark things in the videos themselves. It's nice being able to jump to parts of a video you want, and to have them all clearly labelled.
Why you do this? Now I have to buy the new RPG Maker xD
I've always dreaded planning for my games so I just didn't plan at all. That... didn't work out after all. :kaosigh:
Turns out it can be kind of fun if you keep the scope small and don't take it way too seriously.
well... for the first time in months... I feel like my game is headed towards something again. I finally have it where I won't be drawing battle assets for the rest of the year...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pseunition