Passero

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have created an event on a log of wood. The idea is that when the player presses the action button near the log, the log will be placed on the river and the player can cross the river. 

The first part of the events works. Upon entering the event, I change the event location to the river which makes the log change location on top of the water which is great. 

The only thing I can't figure out is how to allow the player to move through. 

I tried by setting the "Through" option on the event and played with the priority but nothing seems to work. The player can't walk across. 

How can I make the user cross the river by walking over the log? 

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Have the log use a passable tiles as a event picture, that should be enough. If your logs are part of a wall, copy them to a different place on one of the B to E sheets and make them passable there

Passero

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Here's the thing, the log is already part of sheet B so I could change it in the DB but I want to make it passable only for that instance... 

Isn't there another way to do this besides changing the tileset? 

edit: so I did a test by making the log passable on the tileset and that worked but now all the logs are passable which isn't really what I want... 

I want to change the passable property of a specific location using an event... 

Last edited by a moderator:

RyokuHasu

Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
if you only want the one log passable copy the log tiles to a new tile sheet and add it to the tileset, then separately change it's passable flag so it's diffrent from the default logs

Passero

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Seems a bit overkill for the purpose...

Isn't there a script that makes it passable so I can easily reuse it for other events when I want to use something else besides the log?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
not for events - but then use one of the other wood floor tiles for this function. The only important thing here is that the tile used is passable in the tileset, and there should be several different wood tiles in the tilesheets.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My friend just gave me chocolate milk at lunch today! My day is now 1000x better. Yay, choco milky!! :kaojoy:
RivalRamen_Games wrote on jacobv1014's profile.
I really like your profile picture! Who is that in it? is she an OC?
Making his first game
This scene was suppose to be a test... but now, it's going in the game as official side/optional content. :kaosalute:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrEyeEYe