Make a SOKOBAN puzzle

Beruskyfan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
Hello to every users. Thank you Shazz and others. I'm totally beginner.

But I do not know how to make in rpg maker vx ace limit inventory and items to smash objects such as pickaxes etc. and keys to open doors (different color key for each character and normal color key for all character). Gathering all  normal keys opens the door to the next level.

Does anyone knows how to do it?, I will be grateful for hints or tutorial.

Greetings to all

These things which I have described above included Sokoban variant (Berusky I) - free game http://anakreon.cz/?q=node/1- or Berusky II (Bug's Escape 3d) This is my favorite version of Sokoban.For this Sokoban solver:http://sokoban-jd.blogspot.com/2013/04/sokoban-variants.html it is also the best variant of Sokoban.

one level - Berusky:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NbQoac8Sbk

P.S. My first language it's not English - so sorry for mistakes

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That has nothing to do with sokoban puzzles (the things you're asking for help with). Please start a new thread in VX Ace Support for unrelated questions. Thanks.

PencilCase27

So, I can write anything I want here... right?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
You could add a conditional switch to the check-event that gets turned off at the end of this event and turned on everytime you push a boulder. Each time you push a boulder, the switch gets turned on, the check event runs once and then turns the switch off. This way you still have simple boulder events and don't have to check for success every few frames.

Dunno if that's helpfull in any way, just something that came to my mind while reading this. Nice guide.

Wijen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
erm..could you explain to me again step 4a.

I dont know how to make control variables[EVENT] = [EV001]'s MAP X like Koi did.

did you make a new variable for that or what ?

sorry im still new.

btw , im using MV . Is that tutorial also applied for MV or there is new way  :unsure:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
mmm ... it should still work for MV.

Yes, they use new variables.

Wijen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
finally..I found it by myself  B)

what i dont understand is how to make it say variable A = Player's Map X

i found it at control variables->game data->character (MV)

maybe you should put it in the guide..to help newbies like me  :)

wolfpak692

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
i this thread is a few years old, but is there a new link to the pics in the tut? the links seem to be broken and i would like to learn this and images would be a big help for that...

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Only the first picture link is broken, and that was just a demonstration of how you play a sokoban puzzle (the gif was created by the person who requested the tutorial, not by me, and they've since removed it).  All the others are there.  The first one is not necessary to be able to understand and follow the tutorial.

CoGDork

That's Me!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Sorry to necro, but I followed this tutorial to the letter... and the text box for some reason is glitched. Basically, when it's supposed to say "PUZZLE SOLVED!" the text box is narrow and runs vertically from the top of the screen to the bottom with no visible text. What's going on?

Last edited:

CoGDork

That's Me!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Again, sorry for the necro, but my issue still isn't solved. Could someone please help me?

EDIT: Actually, now ALL text boxes on that map are having that same problem. Weird.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That doesn't sound like anything to do with this tutorial. The text box is a text box and has nothing to do with setting up or running the puzzle.

It sounds like you're using a message box plugin/script, and you haven't reserved the variables or switches that it uses, and then you've gone and used them for something else. It wouldn't surprise me if it's the variable used by this puzzle that's also used by the script.

If you can't figure it out, I suggest you start a NEW thread in Ace Support and show a screenshot of the event that displays the message, and a list of all your scripts.

agsteiner

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
A SOKOBAN puzzle is one where you have to push objects, one step at a time, onto specific locations, and the puzzle is complete when all objects are where they're meant to be. The challenge is to keep yourself free to move, while not moving any objects into a wall or corner where you can't get it out again.

Koi asked for help to create one of these, and as I'm listing the individual steps, figured it might be of interest to others.
Wow! Thanks a lot, I would never have found the solution with the variable check for region id myself. With some struggling (couldn't find where to get the coordinates from a certain event first, took me a while to look in "character" (that's the name in the German version, hope it's the same in English)) I did it! It works beautifully. It's amazing what you can do even without scripting. (using rmmz)

Thanks again!

Velvela Jade

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
UPDATE: Chrome is the issue! If I open image in new tab, then it works. Firefox works.
OLD: None of the images are showing now and I wanted to look at it to get ideas for MZ.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Weird - same thing happening for me.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly with some Darkest Dungeon! Feel free to drop by!
Made a HUGE (YYOOOOJJ) Update to Monstructs and moving towards a Steam Early Access release!
A skill type called: "Rumagic". The intention is Magic with Rum(that pirates drink)
Does it sound strange in English?
So I'm having issues with my steam account... so I can't use MZ right now, so I can't work on my game until its solved, so it be harder to be ready for 31... guess I'll get ice cream :kaopride:
Motivation! Inspiration! There you are. I was worried you guys weren't going to show up today. Let's get this thing going!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sark1017