Make Attack Times occur with all skills - reference

LeeOccleshaw

Stone Dragon Workshop
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey, I was wondering how to make all skills or, even better, specific skills have the applied Attack Times calculated in, not just with the regular Attack skill.

I have read this post http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/30596-skills-considered-as-normal-attacks/ which seems to answer the question but without an example of what was changed, specifically, in the script.

Can anyone clarify what needs to change here?

Game_Action Line 90

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------

# * Normal Attack Determination

def attack?

item == $data_skills[subject.attack_skill_id]

end

Seriel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Hey, I was wondering how to make all skills or, even better, specific skills have the applied Attack Times calculated in, not just with the regular Attack skill.

I have read this post http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/30596-skills-considered-as-normal-attacks/ which seems to answer the question but without an example of what was changed, specifically, in the script.

Can anyone clarify what needs to change here?

Game_Action Line 90

# * Normal Attack Determination

def attack?

item == $data_skills[subject.attack_skill_id]

end
Code:
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # * Normal Attack Determination  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  def attack?    item == $data_skills[1..9999]  end
Maybe? (Try it?)

Last edited by a moderator:

LeeOccleshaw

Stone Dragon Workshop
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
 #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # * Normal Attack Determination  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  def attack?    item == $data_skills[1..9999]  endMaybe? (Try it?)
Thanks but that doesn't seem to change anything on testing.

Seriel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
What about:

Code:
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # * Normal Attack Determination  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  def attack?    return true  end

LeeOccleshaw

Stone Dragon Workshop
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
What about:

#-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * Normal Attack Determination #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def attack? return true end
Seems to work great, thanks for that! Just out of curiosity, is there a way to return true if [skill id.., , ,]?

Seriel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
I think that would be:

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------# * Normal Attack Determination#--------------------------------------------------------------------------def attack?return true if item == $data_skills[1,2,3]endReplace 1,2,3, with the Skill IDs.

I think that should work (Havent tested it)

LeeOccleshaw

Stone Dragon Workshop
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I think that would be:

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------# * Normal Attack Determination#--------------------------------------------------------------------------def attack?return true if item == $data_skills[1,2,3]endReplace 1,2,3, with the Skill IDs.

I think that should work (Havent tested it)
Thanks for your help man. I'll test that later on. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Should be able to release Haxe MV/MZ next weekend.
It look that somehow MZ tracks are messed up (for example battle4 is obviously a theme, castle2 is a ship, ship1 is a scene and so on..). Maybe they just named them after with some ambiguity.
is there a script call that return how much turn has passed in battle?
Does anyone find this hard to read?

Enjoying my weekend at home to stay Covid free. How is everyone else doing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Galgar22