Make camera distance from hero a bit shorter. script needed

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Script Requests' started by Kubewix, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Kubewix

Kubewix Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I find it a bit complicated to explain but it's a really simple request,
    Normally the tile by tile size is 13High by 17Wide. Giving the middle screen character 8 tiles of space from the computer monitors borders. I want it to be a little bit shorter meaning the camera is a bit closer to the character. imagine by default its 10 feet above the character, i'd like it to be shorter.
    Sorry if the explanation is trash haha.
    Thanks again

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    There is no camera like that in 2D-games, you need to work in a different way.

You have a screen size, and that screen size needs to be multiple of tilesize.
    By default the screen size is 544x416, which is why the maps are 13x17 tiles of 32x32 pixels each.
    If you want to make the screen around the player smaller, you need to reduce the screen size.

For example if you want the display to only contain 12x16 map tiles, you'll need to reduce the game screen size to 512x384.
    Theoretically there are scripts available that let you change screen size (although they're usually used to increase the screen size to 640x480 which is the maximum possible for Ace).

However, there is a big problem with using them to reduce the screen size - all menu programming assumes that 544x416 pixels are available, which means reducing the screen size will cut off part of the menues, and you'll need to restructure the menues as well to keep all data on screen when using that screen size option.

So basically what you want is anything but simple and it will require a custom script written specifically for you.

I've moved this thread to Ace Script Request. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

And before that can be written for you, you need to tell the scripter what screen size you want, either in pixels or in the number of tiles on the screen.

3. Lord Vectra

Lord Vectra Master Eventer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA