Make characters appear seamlessly into a cutscene

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Archmage1123, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Archmage1123

Archmage1123 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have followers off and I want it during a cutscene that they appear like walking out of the character kinda like a final fantasy game where they walk out during a cutscene and walk back in when it ends. Any ideas? Right now they just kinda appear and it looks weird.

2. Kingdommangas

Kingdommangas Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    For this kind a scene I regroup the chain and make it disapear. After that, I activate my invisible character with the hero's appereance and start my scene like that.
    When my scene is over, every event must retourn to the players and dissapear, I reactivate the chain after and finish :kaopride:

3. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Archmage1123
    your problem here is an editor limitation - not an engine limitation.
    The editor can only place one event on one tile, more does not fit (can't be edited).
    And this prevents you from having the entire party event strt from the field below the actor.

However that is only an editor limitation - if you set events to through then the engine can handle any number on the same field.

place your actor events around the tile where the party will trigger the cutscene - invisible and through on.
    as first part of the cutscene, have them move all under your party.
    then give them pictures and move them out and let the cutscene run.