Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Through the damage formula I have ensured that all skills will deal at least 1HP damage, so that they do not give NULL damage on a stronger/better defended enemy.  However, there is no damage formula for the state of counter attack, so I was wondering if there was something in the default scripts that could be adjusted to achieve the same end.  Naturally I have no idea where to start or what to do, so some advice/guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If I recall correctly, counter attack is same as default attack in default script. Did the counter attack deal null damage?

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yes it deals NULL.  I have a character who has a passive ability which gives a percentage chance of counter attacking, so inevitably that means he will sometimes counter attack a stronger enemy.  With skills like attack I have changed the damage formula to include [damage formula here, 1].max   However, counter attack does not have a damage formula and although logically one would have thought that it would just deal the attack formula which is [a.atk * 4 - b.def * 2, 1].max I nevertheless get NULL coming up.

EDIT

For the sake of clarity perhaps I should add that as counter attack can only be given as a state I have given him a passive state, not a passive skill.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So dragonbones getting laggy xD
I even removed the fingers armatures.

Have to remake this guy after crashing ( corrupted file).
:rtear:

Although limited to only this shop for room decorations, I like this aspect for previewing items.
So yesterday I got a follower (follow my NSFW art account) who dmed me and said to me :
if you continue to be friends with [name of the artists] which make me uncomfortable I will have to unfollow and I am like :
... do it?
Did I add too many?? Is there such a thing?

Rabbit's Shop I've been reworking. Still some dated graphics but 99% satisfied I think.:kaophew:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyles85