Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Description of the Feature:
  • A much more robust encryption schema so that Image files and Audio files A. have better scrambled data and B. don't have the encryption key in it's data (that a program like the rpg maker MZ & MV decryptor can't read)
  • More ways to encrypt (like choosing the level of encryption, like none, sha, etc.)
Why is this feature good?
This feature is great because of the following:
  • Better enforcement of security (to prevent people stealing assets etc)
  • Better peace of mind (it's going to eventually be broken but might as well give them hell)

Possible issues with this feature?
Issues that might arise from this feature:
  • Deployment time will be significantly higher (like in the older Rpgmakers where they properly encrypted stuff)
  • Might be difficult to implement because of cross origin data calling in order to get chromium to work
  • Deployed sizes may be higher because if done correctly most of the data should be filler/dead
  • may reduce deployed game startup times because of the data parsing (which might even increase the system requirements)

Alexandr_7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
I don't see the point. There is no decoder for MZ. In particular, due to the fact that the extensions and file paths are different, the decoder from MV will no longer work. Of course it's a matter of time when the decoder from mv will be updated for MZ, but there's really no point in bothering with this. Here are the disadvantages that will lead to types of protection against piracy:
1. Very time consuming.
2. Stronger types of encryption will result in loss of game performance.

This is not a rational waste of time. If people want to pull resources out of the game, believe me, they will find a way.

MZ has a lot more things to do.
I already suggested adding the ability to pack resources into 1 file. This will also slightly improve the protection method, since in addition to decryption, you will also have to extract resources from the file. Alas, even this method will also affect performance, because there is no particularly fast way in js to read a resource from a file.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

If only RM had the capability to show whether a project has been edited, or not... like 99% of all other editors out there. That don't cost, too, or release new versions with very few features just to get the extra money... ugh, just too many basic features missing even after, what, two decades?
Surgically removing people's faces and grafting them on to other people is kind of fun.

(editing character art busts for my game)
I think sleep is like a foreign language to me.
I really love it when major blocks preventing me from going all out in game design get shattered.

Like finally developing a fully functioning Technical Machine system where certain characters cannot learn certain moves.

You have no idea how much that helps me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsenic333