mogneto

Gureito Eventer
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello. I need help with something.

I am trying to make a game inspired in D&D, with some D&D aspects. As an example, I made a werewolf enemy, and just like in 5E, I want it to be immune to all damage from non-magical attacks not made with silver.

Well, this part I already did in the database, but when the PC makes an attack, the attack do not show animation, it only pops up the "0" of the damage.

Captura de tela 2021-08-01 151935.png

What I want to do is to show the animation of the attack (to feel like it hits, even if it dealt no damage) and to show a text below the damage number, with the word "Immune".

Zero_G

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This plugin is probably what you are looking for:

In case that doesn't work or it conflicts with your current plugins, you can try:
Or

RePeat

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Might be a little bit of work but you can do it in the base game, too. I'm not in the game right now so forgive me for not going in-depth here but basically you can do it with variables and common events, if I remember correctly. I made a system for poison immunity for a specific character a while ago. Your scenario should be similar enough. If it's just a 1 enemy fight then one way to do it would be:

-make a troop event that activates either a variable or switch
-Edit the skills that the enemy is immune to so that using them triggers a common event
-In the common event, put in a branch that checks if the variable/switch is active
-For the case that it is, insert a textbox that says that the enemy has immunity or that the attack had no effect

That should do the trick. If not, let me know and I'll check my system.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

51F2AC5E-A605-446E-9439-D77AA6A0B0ED.pngAdded console to my content thread here
Sweet nostalgia. My fave Final Fantasy game.
Steam page is now live!
1632768058957.png
just discovered thig game called Willowbrooke Post... beautiful artstyle if I do say so myself... does anyone know what this kind of style is called??
In one of my game projects, I am working on an arena where you can fight combatants or bet on monsters, and, man, it is taking so long, lmao. I do not think that it helps that I am using an evented combat system with a lot of things that I have to edit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
switchstone