Make \N[actor ID] compatible with the namebox from Khas's Message System?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JtheDuelist

Your Friendly Nieghborhood Stygian Zinogre
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
I am trying to use the \N[actor ID] text command in nameboxes made with Khas's Message System (http://arcthunder.blogspot.com/p/khas-message-system.html), but it just comes up with no namebox to be seen. Can anyone edit it to make so that the \N[] text command is compatible with the name box function of the script, please?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
\N is a default message code. it should be compatible by default - if it is not, then you have something in your scripts that prevents this from working.

Please give us a screenshot of your script editor scrolled to the materials section so that we can see what other scripts you have installed in which order.

Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
\N is a default message code. it should be compatible by default - if it is not, then you have something in your scripts that prevents this from working.
No, it is not a default for custom scripts, especially because the default engine got no name box at all.

Khas' script uses draw_text not draw_text_ex, and only the latter supports these message codes.
Also, an equally important fact is that Khas' script uses sprites and not windows to make these text boxes, which means there is no draw_text_ex method to be used on these objects.

Reading the description of the script (which is surprisingly short), it seems that there is a new message code that should change the text in the namebox:
Code:
\a[actor]
Use this instead of the \N version.

JtheDuelist

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
@Sixth \a[actor] only calls up a name that is in the editable list. That is how the namebox works off of to begin with.

JtheDuelist

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
@TheoAllen Don't know if you saw it over on Discord, but I get this error:
upload_2019-4-18_18-26-56.png

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It was regex error. Updated now.
Also im actually more active in discord.

JtheDuelist

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Many thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

werewolf and his friends added!!

YAY! I just posted my third Guide! Setting up STEAM Integration in RPG Maker MV WITH updated NW.js (huge performance update)
rux
MUCLSES!!! :epicface: :epicface:
If you're reviewing someone else's game, don't focus only on the negative and criticize them. Use positive constructive feedback. As game developers, we need to empower one another; not put each other down.
just posted a song I made for my game a while back... I sampled the HEY from Earthworm Jim's Snot a problem levels lol...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beasuce