Make NPCs disappear when you leave the room?

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX' started by Marillon, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Marillon

Marillon Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    In one room in my game, I have a bunch of NPCs sitting at a table. They don't really do anything, they're just there. If my player character leaves the room and comes back, I want the NPCs to not be there any more, but I can't figure out how to do this. Sorry if this is a stupid question, I've only been using this for about a week.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2013
  2. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You should read up on some beginner tutorials. In particular, switches and self switches (and later, variables), and events with multiple pages.

What you want to do here will be accomplished with switches and events with multiple pages.

3. wigglyfingers

wigglyfingers Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Maybe giving a switch for the npcs? Like for example having a switch called "npcs in room" or something and in the event pages for the npc, have that switch ON in the conditions area. This means that the npcs only appear when that switch is ON and when the player leaves the room, by using a transfer event or something, add inside the transfer event for the switch "npcs in room" OFF. 

This makes npcs disappear and since the switch is OFF. They shouldn't come back either unless you turn "npcs in room" back ON.

Sorry if its confusing

4. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    wigglyfingers, please refrain from necro-posting in a thread. Necro-posting is posting in a thread that has not had posting activity in over 30 days. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Your solution would then require the extra step of turning the switch ON before entering that room.