Make title screen options do something else?

Burgerland

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
When I click New Game, I want the game to change my player's speed and frequency. I've tried autorun when the map appears, and I've tried variables, but the make the player immobile. Regardless, can I edit the title screen's options to do something in addition to start the game, continue, and shutdown?

flakeheartnet

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Bahasa
Primarily Uses
Autorun event will make your character immobile. you need to turn it off using self switch or you can try parallel.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Autorun event will make your character immobile. you need to turn it off using self switch or you can try parallel.
Parallel process is the worst option for this case as it will produce lag unless it is also switched off in the same way as an autorun.

flakeheartnet

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Bahasa
Primarily Uses
Parallel process is the worst option for this case as it will produce lag unless it is also switched off in the same way as an autorun.
I've tried it and you were right. Thanks for your correction.

Burgerland

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This is what I did and it works.

autorun speed.PNG

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You're better off turning on a self switch then adding a second page conditioned by that self switch, with no other changes.  The way it is now, every time you return to that map, this autorun event will run again.  Erase doesn't mean to get rid of it entirely - it just means to remove it from the list of current events.  As soon as you leave the map, it'll be reloaded.

Also, if you are going to use any kind of vehicles, or allow the ability to dash, the above won't work.  As soon as you stop dashing or get off a vehicle, it'll change back to the default again.

However, the player's default speed IS 4, and frequency is 6, so your event will slow down the animation speed, but will do absolutely nothing to the walking speed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I FINALLY DID IT! 5 years making my very first game and I just officially released it on STEAM..... OMG..... I can say I finished a game! The feelings!!!!!
Stream will be live shortly! I am going to be playing some Among Us! Feel free to drop by!
Ami
tv program always get the ratings (it's the reason why drama series has 1000+ episode),also full and nonsense of censorship (weird blur, a scene getting cut because the unconvenient viewer,but it unconvenient to me either. you never see what the original is)

i know the reason is to take cover the viewer from the negative thing,but i just laughing and mocking of them that they're always suck :guffaw:
Star Chart Idea - Just something I am working on.
My sister learned spanish the old fashioned way and saw my way of conjugating. I don't use the formal method and just wing it. I thought her heart might explode. Apparently, different words use different endings. Weird part is even though I never learned the difference, I still can tell when the endings "look wrong".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kyuuketsuki2134