Slimsy Platypus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hey guys.  I'm very new to RPG Maker and having a blast working through my first game.  

I want to simplify the stats a bit and make turn order depend on an actor's atk rather than agi (i.e. highest attack characters go first).  Is there an easy way to do this?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, any change in that mechanic can only be done by a plugin - and the turn order is not agi alone, it's actor's agi plus skill's speed plus a random percentage.

I've moved this thread to Plugin Request. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

MenaKatep

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I believe Yanfly's engine allows you to utilize a different stat to calculate attack order. I'll check here in a little bit and let you know!

Slimsy Platypus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I believe Yanfly's engine allows you to utilize a different stat to calculate attack order. I'll check here in a little bit and let you know!

Thanks for the reply!  I've gotten hooked up with a bunch of Yanfly's plugins but I haven't figured out how to manipulate the turn order yet.  I've mostly been fumbling around and slowly figuring everything out.  Let me know if you see anything that might be able to lead me in the right direction.  Thanks!

MenaKatep

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks for the reply!  I've gotten hooked up with a bunch of Yanfly's plugins but I haven't figured out how to manipulate the turn order yet.  I've mostly been fumbling around and slowly figuring everything out.  Let me know if you see anything that might be able to lead me in the right direction.  Thanks!

I just woke up but I'll go check it out and see what I can find. :)

Slimsy Platypus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I just woke up but I'll go check it out and see what I can find. :)

Hey I figured it out.  In the Yanfly BattleEngineCore you can adjust the "Action Speed" formula which appears to have been what I was looking for.  Thanks so much for you help though, you pointed me around the right direction and with a little effort I was able to find it :)

MenaKatep

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey I figured it out.  In the Yanfly BattleEngineCore you can adjust the "Action Speed" formula which appears to have been what I was looking for.  Thanks so much for you help though, you pointed me around the right direction and with a little effort I was able to find it :)

Oh my gosh I'm so embarrassed! I went searching through the plugin, then got sidetracked on the forum and tried to help someone with something else. XD I'm really glad that you found exactly what you were looking for though!!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Interesting week. Lots of stress and anxiety especially on Tuesday but still got thru it. How is everyone doing?
I was pleased with how the little ... whatever those square bits like upside-down turrets on the skirt are? I like how they turned out. Here's a little ranger/bandit/archery enthusiast to model it:

TestChara-08.gif

I'm calling her Robin because obviously.
Just downloaded the demo and boy howdy are my arms tired (???) :kaohi:
I just watched a trailer for the upcoming 2021 JRPG Fantasian. They demonstrated an interesting mechanic where random encounters can be sent to a stockpile instead of fighting them right away, which can be emptied in a single battle string at the player's choice of timing.
"The pleasure from the senses seems like nectar at first, but it is sour as the toxin in the end." -Kirshna

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drackdragon113