makeing custom tilesets and other things for my game

wbthehero

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English US
Primarily Uses
RMXP
hello i am makeing a game from rpg maker xp and i was wondering how to make a custom tileset basically use the pre installed ones but give them a red tint Kinda like underfell but using the main graphics for a hard mode in the game and also how to make the 3 modes easy medium and hard. i wanted this to be just a Kinda discussion so that it could help me and other users of rpgxp but i did not know where to post it so if it is in the wrong place for a Kinda discission and helpful area please move it to the correct place. i was also wondering if there was a way to where the game is done to make the game into a disk image file and play it from the disk as a real game?

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Are you using Rinober style graphics?

wbthehero

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English US
Primarily Uses
RMXP
uhh how can i tell i have an intell core i7 or geforcegtx

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I'm talking about this:

wbthehero

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English US
Primarily Uses
RMXP
no i dont think so i have the defult graphics from the fresh install of a new rpg xp game

wbthehero

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English US
Primarily Uses
RMXP
what I'm trying to do is take the tilesets from the regular game then make them more red you could look up the Underfell tiles compered to Undertale and then make a easy normal and hard mode. then turn the complete game into a disk image to burn it to a disk. i hope that makes it more easy to understand.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

I've moved this thread to Resource Support. Thank you.

@wbthehero, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can use the "Edit" function on your posts to add additional information you've forgotten or respond to multiple people. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

wbthehero

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English US
Primarily Uses
RMXP

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, here are a few suggestions for you. First, when communicating with people via typing, I suggest you try to make your posts more legible.

Using capitalization and punctuation helps people read your sentences, and breaking up your posts every few lines makes it easier to keep track of where the reader is in your text. Right now, people look at your post and see a big blob of letters, and many people will just ignore that.
how to make a custom tileset basically use the pre installed ones but give them a red tint
So this doesn't actually require a custom tileset, there is an event command to Tint Screen. If you do that at the start of your game and never undo it, voila, red tint.

If, for some reason, you absolutely needed to do it the way you first described, you'd just open the tileset in an image editor and apply a red effect to it.
i was also wondering if there was a way to where the game is done to make the game into a disk image file and play it from the disk as a real game?
Of course you can play your game "as a real game." "Disk image file" is not the correct terminology, but when you want to give your game to other people to play, you click File->Deployment and follow the instructions from there.

I would strongly recommend you do some browsing in the tutorial forums here and on YouTube for tutorials on how to use RPG Maker XP - these are some pretty basic functions you're asking questions about. And while there's nothing wrong with asking questions here, it will save you a lot of time to do tutorials and learn about all of the basics first, then your questions will be about the harder stuff.

wbthehero

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English US
Primarily Uses
RMXP
how do i give the regu
Okay, here are a few suggestions for you. First, when communicating with people via typing, I suggest you try to make your posts more legible.

Using capitalization and punctuation helps people read your sentences, and breaking up your posts every few lines makes it easier to keep track of where the reader is in your text. Right now, people look at your post and see a big blob of letters, and many people will just ignore that.

So this doesn't actually require a custom tileset, there is an event command to Tint Screen. If you do that at the start of your game and never undo it, voila, red tint.

If, for some reason, you absolutely needed to do it the way you first described, you'd just open the tileset in an image editor and apply a red effect to it.

Of course you can play your game "as a real game." "Disk image file" is not the correct terminology, but when you want to give your game to other people to play, you click File->Deployment and follow the instructions from there.

I would strongly recommend you do some browsing in the tutorial forums here and on YouTube for tutorials on how to use RPG Maker XP - these are some pretty basic functions you're asking questions about. And while there's nothing wrong with asking questions here, it will save you a lot of time to do tutorials and learn about all of the basics first, then your questions will be about the harder stuff.
how do i give the regular tilesets a red tint and how do i make easy normal and hard modes from the title screen? also thanks for the help

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I told you how to do the red tint in my post that you quoted.

I don't know how to add settings to your title screen because I don't use RMXP, but you could Google "RPG Maker XP custom title screen" and see if you find anything useful.

wbthehero

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English US
Primarily Uses
RMXP
oh ok then thanks for the help

Latest Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members