KotoYama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For some reason, by default, Maker stops "prioritizing" your game's window after you transfer the player, or interact with an event via collision or "action button" and the mouse arrow appears. You still can use your arrow keys, but the mouse stops interacting with the game until you click on it once more.
Does anyone know why it happens and how could I fix that? The problem is that I'm making a game using MV3D and it constantly disables my camera movement until I press LMB, which destroys the game's fluidity.

To make it clear, it happens to everyone and has nothing to do with MV3D itself.

Last edited:

KotoYama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Any thoughts?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So you're saying with MV3D turned off, the issue still happens? If you create a new project with no plugins, does it still happen?

I haven't heard of anyone else with this problem, so it's something specific to your system or project.

KotoYama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Shaz It does. You haven't heard of it cause it doesn't pose any problem unless you're making a first-person game with mouse camera control which must constantly check the camera's yaw and pitch relative to the mouse coordinates.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

I'm moving this to MV support for now, but it might be a plugin issue (if it is I'll move the thread again).

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it doesn't pose any problem unless you're making a first-person game with mouse camera control which must constantly check the camera's yaw and pitch relative to the mouse coordinates.
How are you doing this without a plugin?

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@KotoYama You cannot offer payment outside of the Classifieds section. Therefore, I've removed mentions of payment from this thread.

If you would like this thread moved to the Classifieds section, please modify your opening post to make sure it complies with the Classifieds rules (including the tagging guide and the clear description of what service you are asking for), then Report this post and mention you want it moved. If you want to keep this as a non-paid help request, no action is required.

KotoYama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How are you doing this without a plugin?
I'm using MV3D. Again, this is something MV does my default, but it has near no effect on gameplay in 2D.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I asked if you create a new project with no plugins, does this still happen, and does it still happen with MV3D turned off. You said yes.

If it only happens with MV3D, then it's an MV3D problem. You can't say it happens with everyone and it's got nothing to do with MV3D, if you can't reproduce the issue when MV3D (and all other plugins) are turned off.

Hisao Shou

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Without seeing all your plugins and codes used I can't tell what is your problem.
I would suggest to disable each plugin and see which one is faulty, after that someone can take a look at it.

If none of these work, you would have to create an.. unconventional workaround. And by that I mean that you should call a script which focuses game-window each time you know the window will unfocus.
OR you can have always a parallel process active which check if window is unfocused and refocus it with a script (not recommended since it will get really annoying to the player having the window always on top)
You can check the Game Upgrade plugin from SumRndmDde to see more about window focus via plugin command.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just finished composing a boss battle theme!
Scripted a multi-variable weather system that randomizes wind speed, cloudiness, rain, fogginess, etc, while attempting to realistically account for interactions between them (e.g. wind speed affects fogginess, cloudiness affects rain, etc), the current weather pattern, and the player's biome e.g. swamp, beach, etc. Now I "just" have to tie visuals and sounds to the variables so stuff actually happens...
I'm having a headache balancing the combat using flat defense so I'm gonna use percentual armor, in this pic, Simon has 16 on Defense which means all the incoming damage will be reduced by 16% this will ease my burden a bit.
!Have a nice day everybody¡
SO glad they patched outer worlds for switch! I can finally play it! Weird that other peeps are still having issues. I know it was really chugging on my lite when it first came out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anjing_gila