Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
MJkMIcp.png

Using RPG Maker VX Ace.

I'm very new to the program, I'm making a small passion project. I may make more threads for help here, I have a LOT of questions as I read tutorials.

One thing I can't quite accomplish and some friends of mine who know the program very well are also stumped on... how do I make this boss generate a mob every turn? With these settings, it should happen every turn end, but it doesn't, it only triggers once. This isn't what the setting suggests should happen.

I also want the boss to transform into another one, a second phase upon death, but what the settings suggest happens does not happen, it simply ends the battle.

Is there perhaps a script that tells the game to continue computing the battle after the boss dies? As soon as it does, no other computations occur, the one that should activate when it dies is ignored. For example, I can trigger the transformation when its HP is 50% or below, but 0% and below is a non-activating scenario.

I really hope this isn't some bug or glitch in the game, that would be heartbreaking.

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it only triggers once becaause you told it to trigger only once per battle (the span)

however even if you change that to once per turn, it cannot spawn dead enemies, which means you would have to count up and spawn different halfway enemies each turn.
that is because the engine by default is limited to eight enemies per troop total.

to have unlimited spawn you'll need a script, for example the one from tsukihime (himeworks.com)

And the other problem is also normal, search the forum for one of the instructions on how to use an immortal state to allow triggering of the events after killing the last enemy

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I helped someone incorporate something like this in MZ where the boss has up to X minions and each turn either a new one spawns or it revives one that was previously killed, at random.

I'll see if I can translate the code for that into VX Ace for you, watch this space.

notprince

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
to have unlimited spawn you'll need a script, for example the one from tsukihime (himeworks.com)

And the other problem is also normal, search the forum for one of the instructions on how to use an immortal state to allow triggering of the events after killing the last enemy
I'll have to go find one of those, that sounds like the plausible solution.

Setting an immortal state when the HP reaches 0% also does not trigger that state, so I must be still doing something wrong. HP reaching 0% simply ignores everything.

RCXGaming

Champion of Brightmoon Tor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'll have to go find one of those, that sounds like the plausible solution.

Setting an immortal state when the HP reaches 0% also does not trigger that state, so I must be still doing something wrong. HP reaching 0% simply ignores everything.

You're not supposed to set it when the enemy's HP reaches zero.

Ideally you set the Immortal state at the start of the fight and have it removed when you want the enemy to actually die.

notprince

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

Ideally you set the Immortal state at the start of the fight and have it removed when you want the enemy to actually die.
That makes some sense, but when the enemy actually dies, nothing else computes and it wouldn't transform.

notprince

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
A minor update.

Insect Queen resists the death state. Even if her HP drops to 0%, she will not die.

The trigger to transform her activates when that 0% is reached without her drying and thereby ending the battle. I added a marker, text to display to prove to me that this 0% condition is successfully reached.

In battle testing, the condition is reached, the placeholder text displays confirming it, but the transformation does not occur. The image of insect Queen just vanishes and the battle is won.

I don't know why the transformation fails. The next form has an image and functions in tests when focused just on it. Its set to appear later. It never appears.
1665104421484.png

RCXGaming

Champion of Brightmoon Tor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A minor update.

Insect Queen resists the death state. Even if her HP drops to 0%, she will not die.

The trigger to transform her activates when that 0% is reached without her drying and thereby ending the battle. I added a marker, text to display to prove to me that this 0% condition is successfully reached.

In battle testing, the condition is reached, the placeholder text displays confirming it, but the transformation does not occur. The image of insect Queen just vanishes and the battle is won.

I don't know why the transformation fails. The next form has an image and functions in tests when focused just on it. Its set to appear later. It never appears.
View attachment 242091

You didn't restore her health upon transforming into her next phase, since the transformed enemy counts as a brand new enemy and does not retain the states of the previous one.

Yet they still retain the same HP count.

This means she will not have Immortal upon changing into the second phase and will die because she's at 0%.

notprince

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You didn't restore her health upon transforming into her next phase, since the transformed enemy counts as a brand new enemy and does not retain the states of the previous one.

Yet they still retain the same HP count.

This means she will not have Immortal upon changing into the second phase and will die because she's at 0%.
This makes more sense. I ended up just making the second phase appear as a new enemy, which is is anyway, then inflict death on the first form, which resist death at 0% HP. It worked flawlessly.

Thank you for the help~

Next is scripting unlimited spawns.

notprince

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

I went back and tried this again, because my alternative method of simply making a new enemy appear later didn't work. It WORKED, but I require both forms to be able to use a skill that revives an ally, and there is no parameter that lets me choose which ally to NOT revive, meaning it will revive the previous boss form because its a slain monster.

So I'm back to the transform function, but when it transforms, the second form does not appear, first form vanishes, and if it was the only monster in the battle, the battle ends. What is happening?

The first form is given an immortal state at the start of the battle. Then when its HP reaches 0, dialogue shows and it is supposed to transform, and then the immortal state is removed. All but the transformation happens.

This transformation also does not occur if the boss meant to transform is the last enemy in the battle when it dies. It's immortal, it isn't meant to die, but it does.

EDIT: wait, the transformed monster has 0% HP, I forgot what you explained... no, it still doesn't work. The second form never appears.

EDIT: Oh! The second form IS there, but the image is not. Attacking it causes the image to flicker, and it then remains on screen. This is a clear graphics glitch of some kind. What causes it and how do I resolve it?

EDIT: I managed to avoid the image glitch by adding a screen flash, but there's still the issue of not transforming when its the only monster in the battle when it "dies".

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

oneOfUs.jpg
Streaming more Poppet Quest game even in about 12 minutes.
Some dog owners really impress me. I'm pushing 2-3 metric tons of garbage containers that destroy everything they hit. What do you think is going to happen to your tiny dog when I run it over? And why are you crossing my path to argue with me? Have you never been hit by 200kgs of garbage?

Lesson for you folks. Never mess with an angry garbage container. Or its driver.
I didn't dispose of a file properly and now my whole game won't start: I get a script error in the Scene Manager stage of game launch. What to do? Transfer it all to a new project? That's going to be tedious. Fortunately I am only nine workdays into it.
Makin' stuff on a broken laptop yay

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
filfes