JtheDuelist

Your Friendly Nieghborhood Stygian Zinogre
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Basically, I want to create a system where pieces of armor have "brands" attached to them, like how modern day clothes do, but the thing is that I want the system work where the stats of armor are affected by their brand- when the player uses a armor that is unpopular in a certain area, that armors stats temporarily go down, in a area where a brand is popular, the armors stats temporarily go up, and if the brand is neutral, the stats remain the same. How can I do this?

CaRa_CrAzY

Undefined Custom Title
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Other
You could define a <brand> notetag for armors and a <buff-brand> and <debuff-brand> notetag for maps.
Each time you enter or leave the map, it checks if the actor has an armor matching a brand described in the map then it adds/removes a status effect buffing or debuffing the actor.

JtheDuelist

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
I don't have any plugins for this, @CaRa_CrAzY, and I don't know how to code one.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You could actually do the suggestion without a plugin, albeit you'd need to make an event per map to do it.. Or a parallel common event. You'd be using script calls though

JtheDuelist

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
@Engr. Adiktuzmiko Again, I don't know any script calls or how they work. This may just be one idea I won't be able to implement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

werewolf and his friends added!!

YAY! I just posted my third Guide! Setting up STEAM Integration in RPG Maker MV WITH updated NW.js (huge performance update)
rux
MUCLSES!!! :epicface: :epicface:
If you're reviewing someone else's game, don't focus only on the negative and criticize them. Use positive constructive feedback. As game developers, we need to empower one another; not put each other down.
just posted a song I made for my game a while back... I sampled the HEY from Earthworm Jim's Snot a problem levels lol...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beasuce