Making a cyberspace map similar to Mega Man Battle Network?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi guys,

I am making a game similar to MMBN, in which dungeons are set in a cyberspace world. I am having some troubles making the maps look fancy and interesting. Currently, I am using the futuristic pack tiles, and there are two tiles that really suit with the maps I am trying to make. I do have some ideas in mind, but I will need to recolor the tiles for them to work, and I am not very good at editing stuff. I was going to request someone to edit those tiles for me, or in the worst case that no one takes the request, I'll just do it myself. But I want to make sure I am heading for the right direction, and get some tips first.

These are the two tiles I was referring to. If the map consists of only one color, that wouldn't be too bad, but still kinda boring. I am planning to recolor them in white, orange, green, red, ect. and mix them together so the maps would look prettier. That's what I hope, anyway. So, if it was up to you guys, how would you make a cyberspace map?

24y4h7d.png

By the way, you can see the blue tint in the right tile is because I couldn't edit it completely.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please post your request for tile edits in the Resource Requests forum. Be careful that you only get someone to do the edits who has also purchased the pack. You cannot give purchased tiles to someone else if they haven't bought the pack.

Also, there are a number of threads where you can get feedback on your maps and suggestions to help you improve - check the Game and Map Screenshots thread and the Mapping Helpdesk thread, but there are others out there too.

Closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

hmm one of those days where there's a lot to work on with my game... annnnnd I have no idea what I wanna do. most of it tho, involves drawing lol. either enemies or NPCs.
I'm going back to the default RTP, in the interest of getting it done. FSM is lovely but slow to work with and has tall doors. And switching to tall sprites would mean a lot of franking, and also the horses will be small.
I think I developed a stalker trauma (stalkerfobia?) because of my previous work publishing games on Steam. :(
RIP, MeatLoaf :( Hot patootie, bless his soul, he really loved that rock 'n roll.
Psychronics Games is doing a livestream about my game in a bit... And I will do a video about his game after that.
Watch their stream with us on youtube!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pattymelt