making a door event lead to different maps, and dungeon checkpoint tips?

FlashMagic

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
[edit] I thought id change my wording to make this easier for what I am looking for. I know how to make transfers and doors that lead to new maps. And I have edited them to modify a variable. But I still haven't figured out how to make it a condition based on acquisition of an item to lead to a different map instead.

[everything blow is og post]

im just designing a dungeon delver as my first game and playing around im trying to figure out the fastest way to develop checkpoint embedded with an escape/leave option to a shop/safe place, and upon entering the door takes back to where you left off.

would i be better off creating individual maps and events for each floor, and having them turn on switches that block certain maps from showing?

or could i have a few different layout maps, and just have event locations with multiple pages, sometimes showing an event, sometimes not, based on switches i turn on as player progresses?

like cycling through map a-b-c-a-b-c-Boss-a-b-c-a-b-c-Boss, with map a events pages checking on how many times a switch was changed?

playing around i just saw variable, can i just have each a/b/c success(finding that floors key as example) add a number to a variable, so if player chooses to leave, then come back it brings them to where they "left off"

and a little help on a couple things. how do i have a door event lead to multiple options based on that variable?

thanks for helping!!!

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Working on a characteeer! (Why is it so hard to color hair?) ;-;
Silly-Sketches.png
Just finished eventing a couple simple puzzles in RMMV, for my very first game "Sample Quest." Just messing around, throwing things together, and calling it a story XD On a non-RM note, got my hair cut today!
I feel the need to inform everyone on the forums NOT to go with Web Hosting Canada for your hosting needs. It is by far the worst customer service and just overall experience I have ever had with hosting and I am Canadian...
BCj
Got another eye surgery monday. Hope I'll recover quick and all's well. A bit tired of surgeries. On a happy note, working on the next chapter of Escalia so hope I can continue soon :)
Celebrating the arrival of autumn in the Northern Hemisphere :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kotfwing