Nekohime1989

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Something I thought was funny was the moment where your accused of loitering in one of the (shops?) in FF5 and want to do something similar in my RMMV game but I'm not sure if I can do this with eventing or if it will require a script.

Basically what happens is the NPC jumps on the counter shouts "No Loitering!" and shoves you all the way out of the building.

Any ideas how I can accomplish this?

TriceratopsX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You should be able to accomplish this in an event with move routes reasonably well I would think, I can't imagine it requiring a script just for that.

EDIT: Yeah I can confirm you can do this completely with events, I just set this up in less than five minutes even with having to make an entirely new map to test it
Screenshot (588).png

Last edited:

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Gamers Mechanics Design is for looking at aspects of game play at a more conceptual level. "How do I...?' (implementation) questions belong in the Support forum for the engine you are using.

I've moved this thread to RPGMaker MV. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Use Autorun Event for Cutscenes, thatway the Player cant move with direction buttons.

Edit:
Oh Oh its to early, i made mistake, the normal shop keeper on action button also does the job. Player cant move while its active. =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I have tried, several times to understand how Markiplier is popular. You can't deny his popularity. I can only get through a few minutes of his vids, though. He's cringier than ANY cringe comp I've ever watched. When I was a kid, if you acted like that, 0 friends and 100% no dates for you. Times have changed XD
Sometimes you may feel helpless and defeated. But everyone loses from time to time. It's okay to be tired. Take a breather. Have a good cry if you need to. You gotta take breaks from your workout, or you'll collapse before you can get stronger.
So, my roommates wrote a news article in English, translated it into Bengali with google translate and now I'm helping them fix the monstrosity which was the result. Making English the medium of education is fine... but not to an extent that we forget how to write properly in our own language :")
Stream will be live shortly with some more Minecraft spriting! Feel free to drop by~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tuduru