Making a First Person Naruto Fan Game Anyone want to help?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's right. I'm attempting to make this first person. but here is the thing. I somewhat figured it out. But I need a little help.
Heres what I got.

I want to create a game that the player can grow and learn about konoha that not every game is the same. due to the fact its based on being reborn there. Not only that but its mechanics are allowing for a " command system". How do I make it first person? Thats where I need a little help. I can't actually do a dungeon crawler effect. But what I can do is this: I can make five pictures and set them in a box formation like so.

First Person Example.jpg

SO basically this allows you to simulate that its a "3d" place without doing much redesign of the engine. All I have to do is place each piece of the picture by the display picture and just make it a running event that happens on a different map for each part of the world. i don't ahve to do anything with the tiles or anything else but make pictures and display them. Now how do i simulate the change of moving? well, I do a conditional branch with else that says if a press a button it does " This" what ever this is. i can make it move forward in the pictuers alsong as i have enough pictures that show the whole world. Now this isn't supposed to chang ethe engine but it does simulate three d like stuff.

Now for the command system. How do i do that? " Nicknames" basically you leave a few actor spots open and you allow your player to nickname the actor. but as long as its something you allow the player to say which is based on what you write in the conditional branches. it allows you to simulate conversations.

my problem is that i can't figure out how to change how long the nickname system is without having a plug in which i don't want to do if possible. beccause i want it to be uniquely made by my skills.

nut i'm asking for help because this progect is huge. and i want to make it worth everyones time. do you think you guys can help?

Celestrium

Worldsmith
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
First question, why RPGMaker XP? Using MV/MZ with either the MV3d/MZ3d or the Rose Engine would make this so much easier. Already has a first person perspective in it and makes the tiles simulated 3d.

Second question, why a dungeon crawler perspective? It sounds like you are going for a visual novel...

Third question, why not just make the game heavily influenced by Naruto instead of a Naruto game?

I have played a first person Naruto game before, and I didn't think it that great an idea when implemented. It wasn't like a visual novel though, more of an element of the game to interact with the villagers before deployment then the action switched to another style.

I don't understand why the nickname thing is needed either...

Could you clarify or elaborate more?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First question, why RPGMaker XP? Using MV/MZ with either the MV3d/MZ3d or the Rose Engine would make this so much easier. Already has a first person perspective in it and makes the tiles simulated 3d.

Second question, why a dungeon crawler perspective? It sounds like you are going for a visual novel...

Third question, why not just make the game heavily influenced by Naruto instead of a Naruto game?

I have played a first person Naruto game before, and I didn't think it that great an idea when implemented. It wasn't like a visual novel though, more of an element of the game to interact with the villagers before deployment then the action switched to another style.

Could you clarify or elaborate more
First answer I only have a windows vista right now so that is what works on it.

I didnt want it that perspective but if thats what it's being described as... Its the only thing I can do myself. Without making my own plugins. And yes I kind of wanted it to be a visual novel like deal. The reason I am using RPG is because it has the variables and conditional branches and all sorts of other things I dont know how to program into visual novel maker. And I dont own it.

I'm a fan of the world of Naruto and I think that it would be amazing to explore its world rather than make something based on it and make money. This is not to make money its just to give the fans something more to the world we may or may not be able to experience in the normal games.

orochi2k

The Mad King of Neolithic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMXP
About 3D, ppspssss(another weird person who is still using RMXP like me) made an RMXP 3D project demo
(Technically, it's RMXP+RGSS3+RGD, the same framework as my game.)

And, yes, it's just some big 2D bitmaps keep changing coordinates base on "camera".
After all, all 3D must be rendered into 2D to show on the screen in the end. (VR games are just 2 2D screens.)

Thus, RMXP really can play/display 3D, or at least fake 3D... (I am doing that in my game right now. )

About the "nickname", I don't quite understand what it is. Could you please descript it in a way that a Naruto-noob like me can understand?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Could you clarify or elaborate more?
The nickname system originally allows you as the programmer to allow a player to rename a character in game. Now I reserve a character that will be nicknamed whenever I have the "Command" system activated. It is not a plugin. I make a list of key items that have "Commands" ( words that can be typed as there are only 16 character spaces in the nickname option max) in the description of the e
Key Items. Then when ever there is a multichoice with a Command option it will bring up the blank name of character. But when you put in like " look at tree" vs " pick up stick" I have a if else that is triggered when the nick name is a specific name or " command in this case." In a way this allows for players to have semi complex conversation or actions in game. But it is hard to program. Why I'm doing this? Because I want the world of shinobi ( Naruto) to be as interactive as possible. What better way than to allow players to manually talk and make your character do things by "Commands"?

orochi2k

The Mad King of Neolithic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMXP
It is not hard to implement a system like that in English (But, it will be really hard if you try it in many other languages...such as Japanese or Arabic...)
Basically, you can...
1, split words with space
2, check the command against a build-in dictionary of keywords to find the first word which is usually a "verb"
3, check the words after the first keyword to find the 2nd keyword that is usually a "noun"
4, Don't bother with grammar unless you really want to...

For a more complex system, you may find a solution in <<Compilers: Principles, Techniques, and Tools>> (After all, it's just a very simplified version of compiler or interpreter. )

The problem with such a system, just like many old text-based games in ancient times, is usually more from the design's perspective... You will need to make sure players will not get stuck just to find the "right" words or the "right" combination of words...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I spent the past couple of days transferring my RM2K3 project over to RMMV. I upscaled everything 3x and it looks so cute I can't T_T
Small update on my random sprites sheet :kaoswt2:
cfcQKj8.png

Here's Azrael sprite with the fire weapon, hope it came out good.
A13774F4-298B-4F4D-B639-E6921E49FCC2.jpeg
Art test for a victory title screen change

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
visual2021