fastpager200

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm trying to make a powered-up state applied after using a 100 TP skill where one of the effects is that you can't be hit, but it drains your health while you're in the state until you're at 1 HP, and when you get to 1 HP the state is removed. I'm also considering having it be so that you can't heal [items, magic or otherwise] so that you can't just heal over and over to keep the state up permanently. Health drain is pretty basic and not being hit was a case of "Element Rate:0%" to every element, but in trying to implement this, I've ran into a few hurdles:
  1. How do you make a state make your HP only go down to 1?
  2. How do you make a state remove at a specific amount of HP [1 in this case]?
  3. How do you make a character in a specific state completely unable to be healed?
If anyone could direct me to how to solve these, it would be helpful.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
3) there is a trait that give the effectivity of healing items. Use this in addition to damage rat 0% on the "healing"-damage.

for 1&2 you'll need either scripts or plugins depending on which maker you use - with VXA there should be a yanfly script about states for Ace (do NOT confuse with yanfly's plugins for MV).

You need to check and READ the website - the original script links are dead but there is a link on the main page to the github that replaced the original storage.

fastpager200

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm not too sure what you mean about a "trait that give the effectivity of healing items" but looking through Yanfly's Ace scripts, I managed to find LSP Protection, an add-on for the Lunatic States script, that has Heal Boost which seems like it can answer question 3 and Persist which seems like it can answer question 1, I'll need to test both but I can't find an answer for Question 2, something to remove the state at 1 HP.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
"trait" - translation change, sorry.

what is now called a trait in MV and MZ was originally called a "feature" in Ace - the many options that can be added to states or equipment in the box top right.

as for 2 - there is another script from yanfly that allows lunatic code to make the effects of a state, and that is needed for the fixed numbers. you just need to write the -1 in Ruby-code in the lunatic tag.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
  1. How do you make a state make your HP only go down to 1?
  2. How do you make a state remove at a specific amount of HP [1 in this case]?
  3. How do you make a character in a specific state completely unable to be healed?
1. Should be able to just set resist state death. Then the actor's hp will never go below 1, but would also not die if you used something to cause death.

2. Short of using scripts, you would only be able to do this with condition branch checks that you would have to place on every troop page.

3. I think if you set the sp parameter REC and PHA to 0, that should resolve the healing.

fastpager200

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
"trait" - translation change, sorry.

what is now called a trait in MV and MZ was originally called a "feature" in Ace - the many options that can be added to states or equipment in the box top right.

as for 2 - there is another script from yanfly that allows lunatic code to make the effects of a state, and that is needed for the fixed numbers. you just need to write the -1 in Ruby-code in the lunatic tag.
I've been looking through Yanfly's Lunatic scripts and I haven't been able to find what seems to be the script in question, I do apologize for this.
1. Should be able to just set resist state death. Then the actor's hp will never go below 1, but would also not die if you used something to cause death.

2. Short of using scripts, you would only be able to do this with condition branch checks that you would have to place on every troop page.

3. I think if you set the sp parameter REC and PHA to 0, that should resolve the healing.
For 1 I've opted to use this as well as a Lunatic States add-on as a back-up and it seems to be working, and I'll admit I'm a little embarrassed I missed the REC and PHA parameters the first time. 2 seems to be doing the job, and in testing all of this it seems to be working as intended, though I must confess a script that removes the state automatically would be preferred.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I've decided to stop buying candy in supermarket and bulk buy 4.5kg of candy. The disadvantage of that is, now I eat a lot of candy. -_-
Microsoft has consumed Activision Blizzard. Makes me wonder if they're gonna make Blizzard Blizzard again.
HexMozart88 wrote on AphoticAmaranth's profile.
Your profile pic's face is my current mood.
tfw you're turning old af concept art into a workable game asset (ΦωΦ)
UMjgAfe.png

zGZGQEZ.png

Working on its arm and other leg. boy oh boy getting this thing to move is going to be *fun*
Hi everyone, thanks for reading :kaoswt:
I have a channel for you, An RPG MAKER MV plugin tutorial on YouTube:kaojoy:
Any supports'll be appreciated and I hope you have a great day:wink:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AyJ4yy