Bellfoi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English/French
Primarily Uses
Hey people,

In one of my quests, the player must pick up a stool (in order to transport it to a high cupboard so they may reach it). Because I want the stool to disappear when the player picks it up, I've made it into a graphic, so that I can use it as an event. Here is what I've done:

qovvgh.jpg

Unfortunately, this is what it's doing:

29p6yao.jpg

As you can see, there's semi-transparent blue marks around it. But it looks like I chose the transparent colours correctly, so I'm confused.

Anyone know what to do?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Moved to VXAce Support at OP's request.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's very strange.  It looks like someone has taken a screenshot from within the engine, then pasted it into a graphic program and saved it.

Can you please go into your event and double-click on the sprite, and take a screenshot of the window that opens?  I want to see the WHOLE window - I'm interested in something other than the graphic itself.

Also, in your project folder, find the Game.ini file and open it.  Does it have a line saying RTP=RPGVXAce or something like that?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
29p6yao.jpg

As you can see, there's semi-transparent blue marks around it. But it looks like I chose the transparent colours correctly, so I'm confused.

It would be better if you didn't use any transparency color, but true transparency (GIMP and PNG support that for example).

If you have to use a transparency color (which is a bad workaround for formats and programs not supporting true transparency), then you should stick to one specific color - why are you talking about colorS? The black&Blue pattern in your screenshot has nothing to do with transparency, it is the background to show where transparency is correctly achieved.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Andar if you look at the image of the map, you can see that there are dark blocks in the lower left and upper right corner of the stool.  So for some reason there IS that pattern on the tilesheet itself, but if you look close at the Graphic box, you'll see that the 'shadows' don't align with the grid in that image.

Somehow the tilesheet image itself has got a grid background.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Shaz that's why I asked about colors (in plural) - I think there is a pattern there just as you assumed, but that she set one of those two colors to be the transparent color and the other to be the translucent color. Because that is the second setting in the importer, even if most people never use the translucent setting, And it would explain why the pattern is barely visible if it is partially transparent and partially translucent.

Bellfoi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English/French
Primarily Uses
@Shaz Yup, in my Game.ini file there's a line that says "RTP=RPGVXAce".

Here is the screenshot of the event:

5yuav5.jpg

Thanks for your help!

Bellfoi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English/French
Primarily Uses
@Andar Sorry for the confusion - I don't think I was using the right terminology. By "transparency colours" I mean this:

2pr8zf8.jpg

As in, I made sure the colours around the stool are the same shades of blue as the rest of the tiles.

So you recommend I use true transparency?

Thanks so much for the help!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Bellfoi yes, if you import a PNG picture with true transparency, that window doesn't even show up - it is only used to artificially impose transparency on file formats that don't support true transparency.

Since you are importing a png, somehow the transparency on that file got damaged by your image program - what do you use for image editing?

But if you have to use one such format, then don't use the translucent setting at all (always clear it) unless you know exactly what you're doing - it's intended for things like flames that are supposed to be see-through but not transparent.

EDIT; why does the background behind the stool on the import window contain a black&blue pattern is you said you made sure that it is completely blue of the transparency color?

Bellfoi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English/French
Primarily Uses
@Andar Ohhh! Got it, got it, it's working now. Just one colour. I thought I had to mimic the blue and black tiles - this makes so much more sense. Thank you so much!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There is still something wrong with it.  If you had created the spritesheet correctly, you wouldn't need to use transparency or translucency to remove those boxes, because those boxes wouldn't be there.  I strongly suggest you figure out what you did wrong and fix it.  If you want to duplicate a character sheet, use the Export option on the original, save it to your project's folder under a different name and edit that.

However, there is a FAR easier way to do this than what you've done.  When you're selecting a sprite for an event, you can select an image from the B-E tiles.  Just scroll all the way to the bottom of that list.  You didn't need to copy it into a character sheet at all.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Don't you just hate it when you get a high level armor only for it to look like a metal plated bikini on your female character?? Seriously. How can that protect you??? Enemies can hit the squishy parts! :kaosigh:
Bathrooms are not designed for the middle of the night.
so... I decided since a park was an area in my game... here's an enemy that's slide with a hand behind it. cause why not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mekiboss