Making a Npc sell plot addons

RoxyStarlite

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I know the basics of making a shop and all but I wonder if their is a way to sell certain house add on or houses to the main character and how would you be able to implement it into a game

If you use the shop implement then you can only sell items but would their
Be a way to let say you buy the item and it reforms your main characters house is their a way to code that into a item?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That are basically two different questions: how to sell something not-item and how to change the map.

As for the first, there are several options. You can ignore the shop processing and use show choices to make your own selections and options as to what the event offers, you can sell items like "building permit" that call a common event when used and handle the results in that common event, or you can use one of the plugins for event shops that basically execute a common event when you purchase something without the item ever being given out.

The second is a bit more tricky, because the maps are not intended to be changed. For small changes you usually use events and switch them to different pages - that is good for furniture or similiar things.
For simple changes like buying a predefined home and keeping it, you usually make two maps and switch the transfer commands between different maps to get to the correct one.
For advanced changes like giving the option to choose which building to place into several spots (village construction type) you'll need a script or plugin (depending on maker) to allow for map manipulation - there are a few for each maker, but they're not easiy to use.

RoxyStarlite

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
That actually helps a lot I'll be using the first option more often than not so thanks
That are basically two different questions: how to sell something not-item and how to change the map.

As for the first, there are several options. You can ignore the shop processing and use show choices to make your own selections and options as to what the event offers, you can sell items like "building permit" that call a common event when used and handle the results in that common event, or you can use one of the plugins for event shops that basically execute a common event when you purchase something without the item ever being given out.

The second is a bit more tricky, because the maps are not intended to be changed. For small changes you usually use events and switch them to different pages - that is good for furniture or similiar things.
For simple changes like buying a predefined home and keeping it, you usually make two maps and switch the transfer commands between different maps to get to the correct one.
For advanced changes like giving the option to choose which building to place into several spots (village construction type) you'll need a script or plugin (depending on maker) to allow for map manipulation - there are a few for each maker, but they're not easiy to use.

Last edited:

RoxyStarlite

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

I have one more question in you put this into a common event how would I add the extra part of the house to the pre existing one

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that is the second part I mentioned above - and the simplest way would be to make two maps, one with and one without the addition, and transfer the player (and change all transfers to the map by checking switches).

I suggest you follow the link to the starting point in my signature and work through the eventing tutorials there if you don't know how to handle multiple pages on an event, because that is really required for changing the transfers.

RoxyStarlite

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
that is the second part I mentioned above - and the simplest way would be to make two maps, one with and one without the addition, and transfer the player (and change all transfers to the map by checking switches).

I suggest you follow the link to the starting point in my signature and work through the eventing tutorials there if you don't know how to handle multiple pages on an event, because that is really required for changing the transfers.
I have a grasp of the switches and I understand how to do the transfer but what if their are multiple maps connected and how would you get rid of the previous house teleportations between maps in the common event for the "Building Permit"?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You don't have to quote posts to answer, please use the @ convention like this: @RoxyStarlite

And that is why I suggested the different map solution only for linear, simple changes (where you can make ten transfers pages as long as the map only builds up or has simple construction branches - if you want something more like a free map creation tool, you'll need a plugin for changing the map, the third solution (which isn't available in all cases, depending on the maker)

RoxyStarlite

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Andar sorry I'm new to the website so what your saying is to create multiple transfers for teleportation and activate them when the upgrade item is used? But how I still wondering how would I get rid of the previous transfer if it's transfer area is the same as the upgrade would the transfer go back to the original one once you leave the upgraded one or what?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you have one transfer event on each map only, but with multiple pages - each of the higher pages conditioned to a different switch (or a different value of a variable).
Each page has a different map as the transfer target, and the active page/transfer is determined by the choosen switches/variables.

That way, the engine will handle the transfers, but you need to make sure that the conditions and targets are correctly set.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm the king of idiots. How did I miss that in the contract, I would never have signed it if I knew, now I can say goodbye to my pay which will have dire consequences for so many things :(.
Person: "Taxes are bs and money is, too! Anarchy!!" *Literally anything goes wrong* Same Person: "Why hasn't the government fixed this???"
Stream will be live shortly with a session of Haunting Ground! Feel free to drop by!
As for the Coronavirus? Well: "People that spend their life avoiding death are already dead (they're also rich, and I like to spend my life with their money.)"
- R. Sanchez, "Edge of Tomorty: Rick, Die, Repeat"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
59412a