Making a reharvestable farm crop with Galv's Simple Crops and Yanfly's foraging G

Hahasea

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey pals,

So I've got a nice little farming system set up using Galv's Simple Crops, as well as harvestable wild trees & bushes using this Yanfly' tutorial: http://yanfly.moe/2018/07/13/eventing-a-foraging-system-rpg-maker-mv/ (which uses Yanfly's Event Copier, and Self Switches & Variables)

I'm struggling with how I might go about combining the two though. For example, if I plant some apple seeds and grow an apple tree, it makes more sense for that tree to be semi-permanent, and just harvest the apples every now and then. Does anyone have guidance as to how I might rig the galv system to turn into the Yanfly system once the crop has grown? I've tried combining the two through eventing and self-switches, but it's not working.

Celianna

Tileset artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Moving this to MV support, this doesn't require a plugin :)

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, all you really need is a variable timer per crop that resets every time it's harvested. The timer event should be a parallel running common event that runs at all times (make sure to put a wait period so it doesn't lag the game).

Hahasea

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, all you really need is a variable timer per crop that resets every time it's harvested. The timer event should be a parallel running common event that runs at all times (make sure to put a wait period so it doesn't lag the game).
Sorry for the late reply, I don't think I noticed the notification.

Could you explain this a bit more? The issue is that once a crop is harvested, it disappears. I already have reharvestable plants set up (ones that are already in-game, not grown by the player), it's just that I want to integrate that re-harvestability with Galv Simple Crops. At the moment, the crops disappear when harvested, and nothing I try has managed to change that.

Hahasea

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bumping this, still haven't figured out a solution.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Ksi
Streaming the Valentine games from the RMN Valentiny event! Drop by and say hi!
How many Vocalist is on this forums?
Stream will be live shortly with some Witcher 3 followed by Haunting Ground! Feel free to drop by!
I have at least three ongoing projects and I have no idea what to do with them.

Gotta love game dev.
I keep seeing the 'file tear' icon when I'm on some post that has images. I'm not sure if it's just me or it's the post, based on the replies I see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soviet_guy