Skyirs
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello!
Its been a while since I've been around the RPG Maker Community but now I'm back and... with... lots.... of questions...? :kaoswt2:

First of all I'd like to credit Schlangan for the idea and their amazing extended generator which you can find here:
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...0-07a-update-on-the-28th-december-2016.56569/

And to Scott Bloom for the amazing generator he is working on and his great inspiration! His WIP 1 is here:

Now on to my question: How in gods name do I make a generator?
I am attempting to make a generator (and although this may sound stupid) for Yoshi's Race from Super Mario - Yoshi's Island for the SNES and newly released for the DS. :kaopride:

Is there a way I can program it with my minimal programming knowledge?
Can I make it some other way?
Please help me... :kaocry:

Kino

EIS Game Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
External systems are different depending on where you go and who you ask. Making an external generator does require hooking into the back end of the game/engine to make edits sometimes.

If you wanted to do a sprite generator, that's a different story.
You will need to know how to program to make a generator; the video you showcased above is a front end.
The front end just changes parameters in the back end most of the time. The front end just makes it easier for the user to do things that they could do through a programming language.

Looks like he's using Unity to help him make his generator.

The back end is where everything is actually done.
The back end of the program does all the heavy lifting and work for you. For example, if you wanted to make an external generator for MV, to change the color of sprites or create sprite sheets...

You'd have to program it so that it changes the color of whatever you load into the program, or let the user change things on the front end.

Brayden P

Skyirs
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks so much Kino! I have minimal programming knowledge so I may just add parts to Schlangan's generator.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Hopefully this gets fixed before release..
Where's this sudden heatwave come from? It's not even sunny, it's just hot. Hate it!
I'm slightly disappointed that the MZ codebase still uses core.js, managers.js, objects.js, scenes.js, sprites.js and windows.js instead of core/Bitmap.js, core/Graphics.js, managers/AudioManager.js, managers/DataManager.js, etc...
just a few more hours until the toughest, most pressure 72 hours of my life, wish me luck guys
Working on some bosses for my game-

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NobleSeagull