JRand

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm using Yanfly's Skill Core plugin to do % and flat number costs on skills. However, I have some skills that need to apply to or target the enemy that cost MP or TP that I also want to restore MP or TP to the player.

The plugin doesn't appear to be able to do this, so I assume a formula is necessary.

How do I set this up, if anyone doesn't mind helping me?

(Hopefully this isn't the wrong area for this question.)

Thank you!

Animebryan

Need more resources!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Setting up a magic drain skill is easy:
Magic Drain Skill.png

Just change the MP/TP costs to what you want & change the damage formula number to the amount you want.

As for draining TP, that's the hard part. It can't be done by default but it might be possible through the damage formula. I've actually got a topic ongoing right now to make a TP draining skill that doesn't take more than what the target actually has.
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/need-help-with-an-error.109328/

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
MP drain is part of the default code. Now if you want it to do damage and MP drain, that's tougher. I did it by adding the MP drain as a feature instead.

TP drain though will probably require JavaScript code to do. I'll move this to JavaScript Support for that.

JRand

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for replying, @Animebryan and @bgillisp!

I think TP Gain serves the purpose I was looking for.

The skills aren't necessarily meant to drain MP or TP from the enemy, but simply to replenish the user's MP or TP when they use the skill while subtracting another resource from the user of the skill, as I described above (which I do via notetags and a plugin).

However, if a simple gain of MP is not possible, I may have to use MP Drain.

JRand

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, is MP Drain the only solution?

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You can add these code in the damage formula, before the actual damage to recover MP/TP to the caster

Code:
a.gainTp(value)
a.gainMp(value)

//so like
a.gainTp(100);a.atk*4-b.def*2
//this will recover the user's TP by 100 and deal damage to the enemy

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

At this point, "unique and diverse cast of characters" might as well be slang for Every Character is a Human-Sue.
I found an absolutely brilliant lifehack on the internet today.

Screenshot_760.jpg
It does sometimes get a little embarrassing that I often come here to ask for help with something and seldom have anything to actually show for it. If there is one thing though I can commend myself for, it's for sticking with an idea I've been tinkering with for this long now and gradually making headways. Even though I've been reserved about my progress, I can say I'm farther now than where I initially started.
I'm gonna put my project on pause for a tiny bit so I can explore the engine outside of it... Winging it can only get you so far LMFAO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxmcguire