Making A Stealth Section

Discussion in 'RPG Maker XP' started by Jotari, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Jotari

Jotari Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I want to have a stealth section in my game where the player must avoid being seen by enemies. My current idea is to make three invisible events that stand in front of the enemy and then trigger something when  they touch the player. However I also want the enemies to move and patrol but moving these invisible events so they always sync up, especially when changing direction is really tedious. Is there anyway I can mimic movement or something or does anyone have any better ideas for achieving the same result?

2. Hitzuki Key

Hitzuki Key Dark Knight Veteran

First Language:
    None really xD
    Yanfly made a plugin that you could use to make this happen o:

What you described could easily be done with the plugin Event Chase Player :3

As an upgrade to what you might wanna do, you may wanna look in an addon to that plugin, Event Chase Stealth~

:3

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2016
  3. Jotari

Jotari Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    That's for RPG Maker MV, does it work in XP too? 

4. Heretic86

Heretic86 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Engrish
    Jotari likes this.
  5. Jotari

Jotari Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    That looks really good. I've already painstakingly mimicked the idea using invisible events so I don't really feel all that motivated to change it after all that work even though yours is better but I'm going to bookmark that page and implement it in the future when I'm feeling more energetic.

6. Heretic86

Heretic86 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Engrish

No worries.  Now that you know about it, if you have need on another map, or another game after the one youre working on, it is available for you to use with no Commercial Restrictions.