Thedemonpit

Lord of the Formors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
I have been looking up tutorials and asking other places for help. But most places seem not to give a clear enough explanation. Lets say I have a character that wields a sword. How would I change the swords texture so each weapon when attacking with it looks different.

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm not entirely sure what you're asking. By default, a sword swing is going to look different from an axe swing. Are you looking for a way to make a Long Sword look different in battle than say a Flame Sword or something of that nature?

Thedemonpit

Lord of the Formors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
I'm not entirely sure what you're asking. By default, a sword swing is going to look different from an axe swing. Are you looking for a way to make a Long Sword look different in battle than say a Flame Sword or something of that nature?
Exacly. for example I want to make the deffault sword look like a bronze sword, A flame sword is also excelent in example

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This will require a plugin. RPG Maker will only let you set weapon graphics by their type which means that all swords will look the same in battle. I'm not familiar with any plugins that do this but someone else around here likely is if one exists at this time.

Thedemonpit

Lord of the Formors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
This will require a plugin. RPG Maker will only let you set weapon graphics by their type which means that all swords will look the same in battle. I'm not familiar with any plugins that do this but someone else around here likely is if one exists at this time.
Looks like I wont be able to slime my way out of this problem. Yeah I said it and I totally don't want to end myself for that pun.

Llareian

Jack of All Trades, Master of None
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Just to let you know, you've actually posted in the wrong place. This should probably go under the Support forums > Maker Specific > whichever maker you're using. Game mechanics design is more broadly about brainstorming various mechanics you might use in your game and the pros/cons, whereas Maker Specific support forums are for the "How do I..." implementation-type questions. Although it could be argued since you'll need a plugin, that this would go under Support > Javascript Boards > JS Plugin Requests (if you're using MV), or Support> RGSS Boards under whichever maker you're using.

As @Frogboy said, the base engine won't do this. If you're using MV, Yanfly Engine's Weapon Animation plugin should serve your needs. Otherwise you'll need to let us know which maker you're using.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Thedemonpit Could you please confirm which engine you're using so that this can be moved to the correct forum.
Thanks.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
[move]JS Plugin Requests[/move]

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It is a curse and a blessing getting better at javascript after each plugin... Now I am considering changing two previous plugins completely, and they're not small plugins either -.-' Not to mention that I'll add more features... This is why I never manage to release a game, I just keep updating everything I've already done :p
Hello! Thank you for visiting my Page! ✅
I have done nothing for my game in the last hours but look and modify my spreadsheets. lmao
A quarter of century ago, one astute frog man was born. :ninja:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slick2801