Not open for further replies.

Zyoshiro

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm using Yami Battle Symphony side-view battle script. But no matter what script I'm using, I want to know whether its possible to set an actor as an enemy battler. It is like fighting a former party member or something.... So, is it possible?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you can create an enemy with a picture of your actor and the same values, and tell the player that this is the former party member ingame. That is the way it's usually done, because dynamically creating an enemy based on actor data requires scripting and is a lot more difficult than simply making an enemy in the database with the pictures of an actor.

Zyoshiro

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The problem is I'm using side-view battle system. I have tried putting the character sprite as the enemy battler but it looks weird. But, I guess its better than nothing.

Edit: I remember playing a demo of an rpgmaker game quite some time ago. I can't remember the title but it uses a Side-View Battle System and your party's character sprites are used as the battlers(which are animated). The enemy battlers are normal, non animated battlers.

But there was one boss battle where you fight an enemy that uses an RTP character sprite as its battler and its also animated just like your party members. Is it possible for me to do that too? I'm using Yami Battle Symphony side-view battle script.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zyoshiro

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sorry but bumping.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Have you tried the suggestions above? If you want a playable character as an enemy, you have to set up a new enemy with the same sprite as your PC. It's as simple as that. The fact that you're using a battle script makes no difference at all.

I've moved this thread to VX Ace Support - this has nothing to do with requesting resources. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Zyoshiro

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I guess that's what I'll do. Its just that the enemy 'actor' battler isn't animated. Anyway, thanks for the feedback.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Just make the new enemy use the actor spritesheet using the correct symphony notetag for setting a spritesheet as a battler so that it is animated

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Another character battle theme
Sorry everyone. Covid rules made me a laptop potatoe and I would need more exercise and past 2nd invasion I am still fighting for space also here. So I am not enough often here and... well I answer even less to my e-mails. DC is saying a huge HI to everyone with her heavy wet purrings.

You all take care in here ^^
traficaccidence.jpg
"It's time to add cars into the city!"
--- Famous last word of the developer's character before hit by a car :kaoswt2:
Yay, our new game, Causality is finally released on Steam!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dapperteddy1990