Making an actor as an enemy battler

Discussion in 'RGSSx Script Support' started by Zyoshiro, Dec 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Tags:
  1. Zyoshiro

Zyoshiro Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I'm using Yami Battle Symphony side-view battle script. But no matter what script I'm using, I want to know whether its possible to set an actor as an enemy battler. It is like fighting a former party member or something.... So, is it possible?

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    you can create an enemy with a picture of your actor and the same values, and tell the player that this is the former party member ingame. That is the way it's usually done, because dynamically creating an enemy based on actor data requires scripting and is a lot more difficult than simply making an enemy in the database with the pictures of an actor.

3. estriole

estriole Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    indonesian
  4. Zyoshiro

Zyoshiro Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    The problem is I'm using side-view battle system. I have tried putting the character sprite as the enemy battler but it looks weird. But, I guess its better than nothing.

Edit: I remember playing a demo of an rpgmaker game quite some time ago. I can't remember the title but it uses a Side-View Battle System and your party's character sprites are used as the battlers(which are animated). The enemy battlers are normal, non animated battlers.

But there was one boss battle where you fight an enemy that uses an RTP character sprite as its battler and its also animated just like your party members. Is it possible for me to do that too? I'm using Yami Battle Symphony side-view battle script.

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2014
  5. Zyoshiro

Zyoshiro Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Sorry but bumping.

6. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Have you tried the suggestions above? If you want a playable character as an enemy, you have to set up a new enemy with the same sprite as your PC. It's as simple as that. The fact that you're using a battle script makes no difference at all.

I've moved this thread to VX Ace Support - this has nothing to do with requesting resources. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

7. Celianna

Celianna Tileset artist Global Mod

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Moving to the actual correct forum; script support.

8. Zyoshiro

Zyoshiro Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I guess that's what I'll do. Its just that the enemy 'actor' battler isn't animated. Anyway, thanks for the feedback.

9. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    Just make the new enemy use the actor spritesheet using the correct symphony notetag for setting a spritesheet as a battler so that it is animated

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2014
  10. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.